World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

Combined WHC Sessions [2020-2021]

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Author Jurre
Partaker
#91 | Posted: 16 Jul 2021 19:33 | Edited by: Jurre 

Author Jurre
Partaker
#92 | Posted: 17 Jul 2021 14:17 
Some diplomatic tension between Japan and South-Korea:

Japan to rebut UNESCO request over Korean labor at World Heritage sites

Author carlosarion
Partaker
#93 | Posted: 2 Aug 2021 17:58 
Now that the session is over (was not able to tune in that much due to the Olympics!), it's time to leisurely read the nomination texts!

Author elsslots
Admin
#94 | Posted: 7 Aug 2021 01:14 

Author Jurre
Partaker
#95 | Posted: 7 Aug 2021 09:14 
elsslots:
Something is fishy about the Australian behaviour prior to and during the past WHC session:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/06/low-point-in-world-heritage-committee-history-as-politics-tramples-human-rights-of-the-karen-people

This does nothing but confirm what we all said here on the forum.

Author Messy
Partaker
#96 | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 12:06 
winterkjm
Does this mean that UNESCO should dis-inscribe Auschwitz-Bernkenou? After all, WW2 wasn't that long ago, and it evokes extremely negative memories and reactions. The memorials to the genocides in Rwanda and Cambodia should be inscribed. So should Gdansk ship yard.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#97 | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 14:40 
Messy:
winterkjm
Does this mean that UNESCO should dis-inscribe Auschwitz-Bernkenou? After all, WW2 wasn't that long ago, and it evokes extremely negative memories and reactions. The memorials to the genocides in Rwanda and Cambodia should be inscribed. So should Gdansk ship yard.

If Unesco wants to be consistent and blocks sites related to recent conflicts, then I would suggest it should eliminate Auschwitz from its list.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#98 | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 16:19 
Hmm, not sure how I got pulled into this. If I recall, I was only posting information from the session itself! I don't really have a strong opinion either way. Though, deleting Auschwitz would probably send the wrong message internationally.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#99 | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 18:39 
winterkjm:
Though, deleting Auschwitz would probably send the wrong message internationally.

Oh, definitely. And I agree. But then there is no objection to not include the remembrance sites of the First World War, for instance.

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 Combined WHC Sessions [2020-2021]

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑