World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2023 WHS

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 4 Feb 2022 01:51 | Edited by: winterkjm 
WHC 2023 (12)

Africa (0)

Arab States (1)
- Island of Djerba (Tunisia) *confirmed

Asia and the Pacific (3)
- Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala (India) *confirmed
- Sado Island Gold and Silver Mine Complex (Japan) *confirmed
- Mrauk-U (Myanmar) *confirmed

Europe & North America (7)
- Maison Carrée de Nîmes (France) *confirmed
- Zagorochoria – North Pindos National Park (Greece) *confirmed
- Karst in the Evaporites and Caves of the Northern Apennines (Italy) *confirmed
- Eise Eisinga Planetarium (Netherlands) *confirmed
- Astronomical Observatories of Kazan Federal University (Russia) *confirmed
- The Olive Grove Landscapes of Andalusia (Spain) *confirmed
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks (USA) *confirmed

Latin America & Caribbean (1)
- ESMA Site Museum - Former Clandestine Centre of Detention, Torture, and Extermination (Argentina) *confirmed

Awaiting Confirmation and/or Attempting Inscription Soon
- Vjetrenica Cave (Bosnia Herzegovina) 🔺incomplete in 2022
- Brazilian Fortresses Ensemble (Brazil) 🔺incomplete in 2022
- Melka Kunture and Balchit Archaeological and Paleontological Site (Ethiopia) 🔺incomplete in 2022
- The Cosmological Axis of Yogyakarta and its Historic Landmarks (Indonesia) 🔺incomplete in 2022
- Monastery of St. Amenaprkich (New Julfa Vank) (Iran) 🔸extension postponed to a future session of the Committee
- Naqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab (Iran) 🔸extension postponed to a future session of the Committee
- The Ancient Town of Si Thep (Thailand) 🔺incomplete in 2022

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#77 | Posted: 6 Feb 2022 05:06 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Additional Confirmed Nominations

- Migratory Bird Sanctuaries along the Coast of Yellow Sea-Bohai Gulf of China [Phase II] (China) *confirmed

"In February this year, China will formally submit the application for the heritage site of the Yellow (Bo) Sea Migratory Bird Habitat (Phase II)." (based on multiple January 2022 reports)

- Alpine and pre-alpine meadow and marsh landscapes (Germany) *confirmed

- Cold winter deserts of Turan (Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan) *confirmed

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 6 Feb 2022 18:52 | Edited by: winterkjm 
In our WHC Session 2023 "Pending Nomination" I notice that 5-10 nominations are clearly no longer in the running for 2023, while others (previously not included) have been confirmed. Maybe in the coming weeks this list can be narrowed and corrected to reflect the most likely nominations.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 6 Feb 2022 19:01 | Edited by: Jurre 
S.Korea launches taskforce against Japan's Unesco bid for labour mine

As predicted earlier in this thread, South Korea will mount an opposition to the bid of the Sado mine.

Author elsslots
Admin
#80 | Posted: 6 Feb 2022 19:04 
winterkjm:
Maybe in the coming weeks this list can be narrowed and corrected to reflect the most likely nominations.

Will do it tomorrow!

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#81 | Posted: 8 Feb 2022 06:59 | Edited by: Astraftis 
Jurre:
The Italian candidate for 2023 might be "Evaporite karst and caves of Emilia Romagna Region"

Gessi triassici, sfida aperta per diventare patrimonio Unesco

The path to candidacy is still long, uncertain and difficult. There are deadlines: after the pre-evaluation in September 2021, the hypothetical official UNESCO evaluation will follow, perhaps in February 2022 or more likely in February 2023.

About this, I received a newsletter with a link to this announcement (which I think is a better source than Rimini Today's article, derived from it). Talk is definitely going on and there's some excitement in the area.

But the most interesting thing is that now seven sites are mentioned: along the four we already have on the map, there are:
* Lower hills of Reggio Emilia (bassa collina reggiana), specifically (I think) the Borzano gypsums in this SIC (= sito di interesse comunitario = site of public interest, not quite a regional/national park yet). Totally unknown to me even if in "my area", the place of particular interest for the nomination seems to lie around the small castle on gypsum outcroppings, but might not be limited to that. The area is part of a more extensive zone of paesaggio protetto (= landscape under protection).
* Evaporite karst of San Leo (take a look here). San Leo has a picturesque stronghold perched on a rocky formation, near San Marino (I could actually say that San Marino is near San Leo, hmmm); it was the prison and death place of count Cagliostro. Actually I have some problems in identifying their exact location, as I also find somehow associated to them (and more documented)...
*... the natural reserve of the caves of Onferno (here and here), but it's more on the east, so it is (the main?) part of the mentioned Gypsums of Eastern Romagna. Even the official website of the Emilia-Romagna region says that the karst in this area is not so well known! But here something could be speleologically visitable. Take a look here for technical information and pictures.

The description on the UNESCO website has not yet changed to reflect these possible additions. However, from this official article the candidature for 2023 looks almost certain. :-O I mean, I cannot really believe it!

(PS: Maybe I have to move this discussion to the T-list thread?)

Author Durian
Partaker
#82 | Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:50 
winterkjm:
The Cosmological Axis of Yogyakarta and its Historic Landmarks (Indonesia) 🔺incomplete in 2022

Interesting, right now Yogyakarta is in the process of beautification, no more street vendors, and Sultan himself told in the report that the decision will be June 2022, Sultan misinformed or UNESCO put it back on WHC22 agenda?

https://www.republika.co.id/berita/r6cgni380/relokasi-pkl-malioboro-dukung-sumbu-filosofi-yogyakarta-menjadi-warisan-dunia

Author Durian
Partaker
#83 | Posted: 13 Feb 2022 21:43 | Edited by: Durian 
winterkjm:
Cold winter deserts of Turan (Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan)

Really happy with this nomination, but disappoint the proposed areas are much smaller than the original plan. The disappearance of Uzbekistan's Kyzylkum Desert part is quite sad.

https://scontent.fbkk28-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/244429159_4506088826152175_2718457561859878731_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=znjzzc04VBUAX_6w7Oe&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk28-1.fna&oh=00_AT8qEtmFCU1WpIjZaeIjE8cmIznge7q7B8DHfQZE8LSEDw&oe=620DBB89,

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 12:11 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Anticosti Island (Canada) *confirmed

"The Trudeau government has just officially submitted the island's candidacy, which is based on the exceptional value of its geology, which testifies to the first mass extinction of animal life on a global scale. The application, which was forwarded by Parks Canada before the February 1 deadline, is due to be announced next week."

https://www.ledevoir.com/societe/environnement/675300/la-candidature-de-l-ile-d-anticosti-est-soumise-a-l-unesco

Author Jurre
Partaker
#85 | Posted: 25 Feb 2022 18:23 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#86 | Posted: 18 Mar 2022 01:12 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Brazilian Fortresses Ensemble (Brazil)

Brazil's nomination has been confirmed as submitted and accepted by UNESCO. - Article 3/13

https://fortalezas.ufsc.br/2022/02/21/cinco-curiosidades-sobre-a-candidatura-das-fortalezas-a-patrimonio-mundial/

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#87 | Posted: 18 Mar 2022 01:36 
WHC 2023 (17)

Africa (0)

Arab States (1)
- Island of Djerba (Tunisia)

Asia and the Pacific (5)
- Migratory Bird Sanctuaries along the Coast of Yellow Sea-Bohai Gulf of China [Phase II] (China)
- Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala (India)
- Sado Island Gold and Silver Mine Complex (Japan)
- Cold winter deserts of Turan (Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan)
- Mrauk-U (Myanmar)

Europe & North America (9)
- Anticosti Island (Canada)
- Maison Carrée de Nîmes (France)
- Alpine and pre-alpine meadow and marsh landscapes (Germany)
- Zagorochoria – North Pindos National Park (Greece)
- Karst in the Evaporites and Caves of the Northern Apennines (Italy)
- Eise Eisinga Planetarium (Netherlands)
- Astronomical Observatories of Kazan Federal University (Russia)
- The Olive Grove Landscapes of Andalusia (Spain)
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks (USA)

Latin America & Caribbean (2)
- ESMA Site Museum - Former Clandestine Centre of Detention, Torture, and Extermination (Argentina)
- Brazilian Fortresses Ensemble (Brazil)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#88 | Posted: 19 Mar 2022 02:37 
Bale Mountains National Park (Ethiopia)

Not sure how I missed this, but this nomination was submitted to UNESCO as complete. Ethiopia prioritized "The Gedeo Cultural landscape" for 2022, therefore logically this is Ethiopia's nomination for 2023.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#89 | Posted: 20 Mar 2022 00:58 
Tugai Forests of the Tigrovaya Balka Reserve (Tajikistan)

"The dossier of the nomination of the natural object of the Republic of Tajikistan "Tugai forests of the Tigrovaya Balka Reserve", prepared with the participation of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences, is registered with the World Heritage Center."

"The issue of inscription of Tigrovaya Balka on the World Heritage List will be considered during the 46th session of the World Heritage Committee in the summer of 2023, after a one and a half year evaluation cycle by the IUCN."

https://scientificrussia.ru/articles/v-centr-vsemirnogo-nasledia-unesko-peredana-nominacia-tugajnye-lesa-zapovednika-tigrovaa-balka

Author elsslots
Admin
#90 | Posted: 20 Mar 2022 03:11 
winterkjm:
The issue of inscription of Tigrovaya Balka on the World Heritage List will be considered during the 46th session of the World Heritage Committee in the summer of 2023, after a one and a half year evaluation cycle by the IUCN."

Good find, winterkjm! 0 visitors so far....

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2023 WHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑