World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2022 WHC

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#91 | Posted: 9 Aug 2021 09:58 
Pavel:
On the other hand, it is not fair to say that all the heritage has been created solely by Germans.

Never was my argument and sorry if it sounded that way. I just think it should be pointed out that Saazer hops is called Saazer because the town used to be called Saaz historically. It's not called Saaz anymore. It was just something I found interesting, how Lithuania and Czechia handle the same sensitive issue.

Side note: For me the German Bad nominations are an error, too. The best Bad is Karlsbad/Karlovy Vary. And all German sites are well represented by this Czech site in Bohemia.

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#92 | Posted: 23 Nov 2021 09:04 

Author Khuft
Partaker
#93 | Posted: 25 Nov 2021 11:30 
New Committee members were elected:

"During the session, the General Assembly elected twelve new members to the World Heritage Committee:
Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Zambia

The current composition of the World Heritage Committee is therefore as follows:

Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Zambia"

So pesky Norway is gone... and none of the new ones sound particularly threatening to new nominations (on the contrary: India, for example, was always quite anti-Icomos). 2022 could be another shoo-in for new sites.

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2022 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑