World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2022 WHC

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#136 | Posted: 23 Apr 2022 13:51 
Official Announcement from UNESCO

https://whc.unesco.org/en/sessions/45COM/?fbclid=IwAR2ovH4F1iYOGnvVknQkZyUSDptIeQe-0oPdQDTM1Ur3ntVWcNyeUkNbDnI

We can expect all documents to still be published as planned, if I am not mistaken May 6th?

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#137 | Posted: 23 Apr 2022 15:07 | Edited by: Solivagant 
winterkjm:
We can expect all documents to still be published as planned, if I am not mistaken May 6th?

I don't read it that way.
"dates of the dispatches of statutory documents for the 45th session of the World Heritage Committee will be established, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure, at the appropriate time."
The "appropriate time" according to the "Rules of Procedure" is in Rule 45 of those rules
"Rule 45. Deadline for distribution of documents
The documents relating to the items on the Provisional Agenda of each session of the Committee shall be distributed at the latest six weeks before the beginning of the session"

So - they MUST be distributed "at the latest" 6 weeks before whenever the WHC is rescheduled to??
But that doesn't preclude them from being published BEFORE that date!!!
So - this page for the documents of the 45th WHC states "Relevant documents regarding the session will be put online as soon as they become available"

So - as per the RULES - there would seem no particular reason why e.g Advisory Body reports should not still be published "as soon as they become available" - as they were presumably working to the original "6 weeks before" deadline then they could still be made available according to that original deadline?? On the other hand they, and any other documents for the meeting, do not HAVE to be made available until 6 weeks before whenever the rescheduled date might be!! We will just have to await May 6 and see what gets published then - but also accepting that it might be nothing!!!

Can anyone remember/discover exactly what happened regarding the publication of documents for the originally scheduled 44th WHC (2020) which was postponed because of Covid? I found this relating to the matter published by IUCN which seems to indicate that publication in that case WAS postponed until the date of the next WHC had been determined - at which point the 6 week rule came into play based on the new date.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#138 | Posted: 23 Apr 2022 21:01 
Solivagant:
Can anyone remember/discover exactly what happened regarding the publication of documents for the originally scheduled 44th WHC (2020) which was postponed because of Covid? I found this relating to the matter published by IUCN which seems to indicate that publication in that case WAS postponed until the date of the next WHC had been determined - at which point the 6 week rule came into play based on the new date.

If I remember well, they were released just in May 2021, so right before the double session. So I am also not optimistic about their publication this year. The "appropriate time" is postponed, too.

Author elsslots
Admin
#139 | Posted: 9 May 2022 11:33 | Edited by: elsslots 
It's May 9 now, and no documents have been published. I am afraid that we have to wait until a new date for the WHC has been determined and that the documents will only be made public 6 weeks before that new date.

In the meantime, I did stumble upon the nomination file of:
winterkjm:
- Modernist Kaunas: Architecture of Optimism, 1919-1939 (Lithuania)

Likely to be inscribed I think.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#140 | Posted: 9 May 2022 14:45 
I'm happy about Kaunas being inscribed it gives me a reason to return to Lithuania, which I really enjoyed.

Also who doesn't love modernist architecture*

*unfortunately I know this statement to be ironic :|

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#141 | Posted: 9 May 2022 16:27 
meltwaterfalls
meltwaterfalls:
I'm happy about Kaunas being inscribed it gives me a reason to return to Lithuania, which I really enjoyed.

Also who doesn't love modernist architecture*

*unfortunately I know this statement to be ironic :|

Hey, I liked it a lot, especially the post office and the double museum! :-D I also like this site, and am trusting the commissions for the evaluation of its OUV ;-)

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2022 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑