World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2017 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 16 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  15  16  17  ...  23  24  Next »

Author clyde
Partaker
#226 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 05:58 
Venetian defence works is my first addition from this year's nominations - i'll try to dig out some photos from each of the 3 countries and post a review later on this month (I still have to sort my photos from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Austria!). Naumburg and Khor Dubai are the only 2 I could add to my list but both seem to have weak chances of inscription (even though you never know!)

Author Khuft
Partaker
#227 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 06:03 | Edited by: Khuft 
Kujataa is inscribed.

The next two should sail through: Taputapuatea and Caves of Oldest Ice Age Art are both recommended for inscription.

Taputapuatea inscribed. Polynesian ukelele sounds to rejoice the inscription.

Ice Age Caves inscribed.

Moving to Tarnowskie Gory Lead-Silver mine. Session extended to 13:30 as there are still 10 nominations and many border modifications to discuss.

Author clyde
Partaker
#228 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 06:46 
Caves of oldest ice age are the easiest to reach for most Europeans after Venetian defence works

Author Khuft
Partaker
#229 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 06:56 | Edited by: Khuft 
First members propose to inscribe Tarnowskie Gory (recommendation by ICOMOS was Defer). Croatia is very critical of the recommendation of ICOMOS (again - they also criticised the analysis of Sheki, if I remember correctly).

Author wojtek
Partaker
#230 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 07:03 | Edited by: wojtek 
Nobody mentions any negatives of the nomination. It seems ICOMOS will be overruled again, which happens frequently on this session.

Tarnowskie Góry inscribed. Although I did not visit the mine yet, it would be an easy tick from Katowice.

Author Khuft
Partaker
#231 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 07:18 | Edited by: Khuft 
Tarnowskie Gory is inscribed.

Next one is Sviyazhsk which shouldn't be a problem (recommended for Inscription), followed by Talayotic Minorca (proposed for Deferral)

Author Khuft
Partaker
#232 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 07:42 | Edited by: Khuft 
Sviyazhsk inscribed. Russia holds its Thank You speech in Spanish, which seems to be the trendy language this year. Tatarstan now has 3 sites on the WHL - Kazan, Bolgar and Sviazhsk - which is more than some countries.
Lunch Break now, and side events (Lithuania invites to a workshop on Kaunas...)

Author wojtek
Partaker
#233 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 07:51 
I am very happy to see Sviyazhsk inscribed. A lovely site not to be missed. Kazan becomes an interesting hotspot with three sites that can be reached in one day.

Author barabanov
Partaker
#234 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 08:21 | Edited by: barabanov 
Sviyazhsk seems good and coupled with signicant and insistent efforts of Tatarstan to insribe own site produced good results. I will be planning to tick off both Bulgar and Sviyazhsk during weekend tour later this summer.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#235 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 08:33 
Hmn. Seems like I am on track to pick up three (Alerces, Venetian, Tarnowitz) putting 350 in reach for this years meet up :)

Author elsslots
Admin
#236 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 08:45 
Thanks for the updates from this morning (I had to be elsewhere).
I'm now catching up & in the process of bringing the website up to date.

No news yet about Khor Dubai?

Author elsslots
Admin
#237 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 09:13 
Now Minorca. Deferral advice

Author Khuft
Partaker
#238 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 09:22 | Edited by: Khuft 
Wow - Cuba and Turkey agree with Deferral! Given how the Session went so far, this is surprising!
Ah - here it comes! Kuwait recommends inscription.

Author ajoszucs
Partaker
#239 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 09:22 
Tarnowskie Gory is a sort of surprise. I visited the site two years ago on the way from Hungary to Torun and Malbork. My children loved the toy train in the open air steam engines exhibition, and the underground boat ride, but otherwise it was just another old mine. Maybe I missed the OUV. The obligatory guided tour was in Polish, and though the lady spoke some English, and after the long Polish speaches summed up the content for us in English it also did not seem really special. My original bet was Deferral, not to hurt the sesitivity of the host counrty.

Author elsslots
Admin
#240 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 09:23 
But Kuwait wants inscription!

Page  Page 16 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  15  16  17  ...  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2017 WHC - Livestream
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑