World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2017 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 14 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  ...  23  24  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#196 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:16 
Azerbaijan comes forward to support Iran, and pleads for inscription

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#197 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:21 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Kuwait and now Turkey have spoken in favour of Yazd but I missed which country spoke first before them - could someone tell me please.
Ok - Turkey has mentioned that it was Azerbaijan - so Iran has 3 neighbours speaking for it.

Author Khuft
Partaker
#198 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:27 
Vietnam supports inscription too (in Spanish!). Seems that decision will be postponed to tomorrow.

Author Khuft
Partaker
#199 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:31 
Solivagant:
Turkey has mentioned that it was Azerbaijan

Looking forward to the discussion on Sheki. Azerbaijan is member of Committee and Turkey will certainly support it. But the Khor Dubai discussion means that they are unlikely to push for complete overturn (i.e. Inscribe) but maybe rather for Deferral or Referral.

Author elsslots
Admin
#200 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:34 
Lots left to do tomorrow.

Author elsslots
Admin
#201 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 12:35 | Edited by: elsslots 
We can go to the event "Training for success" tonight, or to a reception organized by Angola!

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#202 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:15 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Pretty positive Poland is officially included in the WHS Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe. The committee openly asked about inscribing additional areas, I am not sure how far this dialogue advanced? I think I understood the idea was to save the Committee trouble at evaluating future extensions.

Author Walter
Partaker
#203 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:25 
Primeval Beech Forests and Poland
Poland is not mentionned in the official UNESCO press release, which mentions:
Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine)

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#204 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:35 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Walter:
Primeval Beech Forests and Poland
Poland is not mentionned in the official UNESCO press release, which mentions:
Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine)

Poland is certainly NOT included. The List of nominations in this year's WHC papers contains this section -
"Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe [extension to "Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Ancient Beech Forests of Germany"
Germany, Slovakia, Ukraine, (ix), 2007, 2011]
By letter of 28 June 2016, Poland withdrew its participation in this serial transnational nomination"

see - http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-8B-en.pdf

So it was over a year ago that Poland withdrew

Author Colvin
Partaker
#205 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:36 
So over half the list is left to discuss tomorrow? They really should have scheduled an event for "Time Management" this year...

Author elsslots
Admin
#206 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:38 
Colvin:
They really should have scheduled an event for "Time Management" this year...

LOL!

I also suggest a one-on-one personal coaching session on assertive chairmanship for the Polish chairperson

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#207 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 13:45 
I certainly would be off to that Angolan party.

Probably won't be able to follow along tomorrow but will check in for updates. Will be surprised if they make it down to Valongo wharf, but hopefully will get the Lake District ticked off

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#208 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 14:07 
I am happy for Ahmedabad's inscription today.. Which countries came in favour inspite of unfavourable reports by ICOMOS?

Author Khuft
Partaker
#209 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 14:15 
Colvin:
So over half the list is left to discuss tomorrow? They really should have scheduled an event for "Time Management" this year...

Indeed - so much time was wasted "discussing" (ie. congratulating) Gulangyu, even though it was recommended for inscription, that they could easily have done a few more during that time.

Author Assif
Partaker
#210 | Posted: 8 Jul 2017 14:20 
elsslots:
San click language

There are several "San click languages" which belong to three distinct language families (Khoe, Kx'a and Tuu).

Page  Page 14 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  ...  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2017 WHC - Livestream
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑