World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2020 WHC

Page  Page 18 of 18:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#256 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 11:08 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I wonder if the we'll still receive the IUCN and ICOMOS evaluations in May? I suppose there are 2 options for the WHC, a Fall meeting in China or back to the default venue in Paris TBA?

Author carlosarion
Partaker
#257 | Posted: 16 Apr 2020 23:20 
winterkjm:
I wonder if the we'll still receive the IUCN and ICOMOS evaluations in May? I suppose there are 2 options for the WHC, a Fall meeting in China or back to the default venue in Paris TBA?

It would be nice if they release the evaluations by May--at least there is something we can read and busy ourselves with while waiting for the next session.

Author elsslots
Admin
#258 | Posted: 17 Apr 2020 01:07 
carlosarion:
It would be nice if they release the evaluations by May--at least there is something we can read and busy ourselves with while waiting for the next session.

One of the questions also is if they have been able to finish all documents. I am always interested in the list of nominations for the next year (the list with incomplete dossiers etc) - there would be a need to publicize and act on that one, as it gets next year's evaluation circle going. So will they be able to keep the schedule for 2021, with a full list of nominations and a WHC session around July 2021, if this year's session is postponed to Q4?

Author carlosarion
Partaker
#259 | Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:15 | Edited by: carlosarion 
^Me too! I want to see if Mount Mantalingahan here in the Philippines is still active for 2021 possible inscription.

If evaluation documents were not released due to the COVID, it'd suck but I completely understand. I believe they did their evaluations in September or the 4th quarter of 2019? I would also like to see the nomination files of 2020 candidate sites. That would be great!

Author Durian
Partaker
#260 | Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:19 
IUCN's advice to the World Heritage Committee following the COVID-19 pandemic

The timing of release of IUCN's recommendations to the World Heritage Committee will be set by UNESCO, which is currently holding consultations to determine the exact dates of the postponed session.

https://www.iucn.org/news/world-heritage/202004/iucns-advice-world-heritage-committee-following-covid-19-pandemic

Author elsslots
Admin
#261 | Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:54 
Durian:
The timing of release of IUCN's recommendations

This wording suggests that they have finished their evaluations, something we had worried about before (see somewhere above)

Page  Page 18 of 18:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2020 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑