World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2020 WHC

Page  Page 16 of 17:  « Previous  1  ...  14  15  16  17  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#226 | Posted: 29 Jul 2019 12:36 | Edited by: winterkjm 
After Zoë Sheng's review of Historical and Archaeological Site of La Isabela (Dominican Republic) and then doing my own reading of the UNESCO description, I must say it looks by far the least interesting of the nominations for 2020. Its particularly disappointing because the Dominican Republic just recently updated their tentative list and there are some worthwhile nominations in pursuit of world heritage status.

Any thoughts by our community about some of the worthy nominations for 2020? Sure, as we identified Padova Urbs picta in our Top Missing List, this is certainly a highlight and a welcome nomination since Italy's recent nominations have been mediocre at best.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#227 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 20:24 
Yeah it's crummy, but the rock art in Saudi Arabia is a close second.

Author Durian
Partaker
#228 | Posted: 1 Nov 2019 19:57 

Author Zoe
Partaker
#229 | Posted: 11 Nov 2019 09:50 
winterkjm:
I thought Historic Monuments and Sites of Ancient Quanzhou (Zayton) was all but a guarantee at this point after a Referral in 2018. Is there any confirmation it's not moving forward for 2020?

Is this being combined with the silk road tentative site(s)?

Author davidyao
Partaker
#230 | Posted: 13 Nov 2019 09:11 

Author davidyao
Partaker
#231 | Posted: 14 Nov 2019 21:58 
Zoe:
Is this being combined with the silk road tentative site(s)?

Only quanzhou in 2020. You can get some chinese infomation from wechat or baidu.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#232 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 01:35 
The website here has those all bunched together for 2020, that's why I'm asking.

It also made me think if a connection "inscribed in host country" makes sense. There are surely more than 3 already though.

Author elsslots
Admin
#233 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:47 | Edited by: elsslots 
Zoe:
if a connection "inscribed in host country" makes sense

We have it already: https://www.worldheritagesite.org/connection/WHC+locations
I see we miss this year's Sheki - will add it

Author elsslots
Admin
#234 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:59 
Zoe:
The website here has those all bunched together for 2020, that's why I'm asking

Fixed it!

Author Durian
Partaker
#235 | Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:00 
Thailand's KKFC again in WHC 2020

After Thailand has been selected a new member of WHC. Many medias reported that KKFC will be on agenda of committee discussion again!

https://www.matichon.co.th/local/quality-life/news_1771526

Author warwass
Partaker
#236 | Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:29 

Author clyde
Partaker
#237 | Posted: 3 Feb 2020 04:43 
Any news on Dominican Republic's La Isabela nomination?

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#238 | Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:12 

Author vantcj1
Partaker
#239 | Posted: 26 Feb 2020 17:16 
clyde
After reviewing in Dominican media, I found a publication from June 2019 https://eldia.com.do/postulan-santo-domingo-san-pedro-de-macoris-y-salcedo-para-la-red/and refers mainly to the application of the application of three cities for the Network of Creative Cities, and cites a meeting between the Minister of Culture, Eduardo Selman and Mechtild Rösler, in which they discussed "the proposal to declare the historical site of La Isabela as a World Heritage Site". Before that, everything is about the application of the site to UNESCO.

A more recent news (November 2019) https://noticiassin.com/el-ministro-de-cultura-expone-en-la-unesco-sobre-las-politicas-culturales-que-ejecuta-rd/referring to the visit of that Minister to the UNESCO General Assembly, explicitly mentions the application of La Isabela during his speech, it states "The country has it as a priority of its cultural policy to keep on making the necessary steps for the inclusion of La Isabela in the World Heritage List..(he added that) it is being worked in addresing the recommendations from the WHC and its advisory organisms in the protection of the cultural and natural world heritage". So clearly the site is not having a clean path to being inscribed, however the content of those recommendations is not clear.

So, like everything in the WH process this days, most of the work is done on a very diplomatic level and through meetings "of the highest level".

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#240 | Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:10 
Proposed nominations for 2020
For the 2019-2020 cycle, IUCN is evaluating the nominations below to make recommendations to the World Heritage Committee, which will take the final decisions at its annual meeting June-July 2020 in Fuzhou, China.

Ethiopia, Holqa Sof Umar: Natural and Cultural Heritage (Sof Umar: Caves of Mystery) (mixed site)
Georgia, Colchic Rainforests and Wetlands
Japan, Amami-Oshima Island, Tokunoshima Island, Northern part of Okinawa Island, and Iriomote Island
Korea (Republic of), Getbol, Korean tidal flat
Slovenia, Classical Karst
Thailand, Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex (deferred in 2019)

Looking forward to a Getbol inscription for Korea. Georgia's nomination looks worthwhile as well.

Page  Page 16 of 17:  « Previous  1  ...  14  15  16  17  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2020 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑