World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2019 WHC

Page  Page 17 of 30:  « Previous  1  ...  16  17  18  ...  29  30  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#241 | Posted: 31 May 2018 06:28 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Colvin:
2019 does indeed look like it will have a number of high caliber additions to the World Heritage Site list.

I could not agree more. In my experience, 2019 is the best year for potential world class sites to be inscribed since I began following world heritage (2007). In addition, with 4 Top Missing sites up for inscription in 2019, perhaps after 5 years (Fall 2019) it will be time to revisit our Top Missing Sites list and do another round of voting!

2019 WHC (42)

Africa (1)
- Ancient Iron Metallurgy Sites (Burkina Faso)

Arab States (4)
- Dilmun Burial Mounds (Bahrain)
- Babylon (Iraq)
- The Historic Village of Rijal Almaa in Asir Region of Saudi Arabia (Saudi Arabia)
- Sharjah: the Gateway to the Trucial States (UAE)

Asia/Pacific (10)
- Budj Bim Cultural Landscape (Australia)
- Archaeological Ruins of Liangzhu City (China)
- Migratory Bird Sanctuaries along the Coast of Yellow Sea Bohai, Gulf of China (China)
- Jaipur City, Rajasthan (India)
- Ombilin Coal Mining Heritage of Sawahlunto (Indonesia)
- Hyrcanian Forests (Iran)
- Mozu-Furuichi Kofun Group: Mounded Tombs of Ancient Japan (Japan)
- Megalithic Jar Sites in Xiengkhuang – Plain of Jars (Laos)
- Bagan (Myanmar)
- Seowon, Korean Neo-Confucian Academies (Republic of Korea)

Europe/North America (24)
- Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid region [extension] (Albania)
- Großglockner High Alpine Road (Austria)
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire – The Danube Limes (Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia)
- Hoge Kempen Rural-Industrial Transition Landscape (Belgium)
- Writing-on-Stone / Áísínai'p (Canada)
- Erzgebirge / Krušnohoří Mining Region (Czechia, Germany)
- Landscape for Breeding and Training of Ceremonial Carriage Horses at Kladruby nad Labem (Czechia)
- The Normandy Landing Beaches, 1944 (France)
- The National Nature Reserve of French Southern Territories (France)
- The Alps of the Mediterranean (France, Italy, Monaco)
- Water Management System of Augsburg (Germany)
- Vatnajökull National Park - Dynamic nature of fire and ice (Iceland)
- Sila Forests Ecosystems (Italy)
- Krzemionki prehistoric striped flint mining region (Poland)
- Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte in Braga (Portugal)
- Royal Building of Mafra – Palace, Basilica, Convent, Cerco Garden and Hunting Park (Tapada) (Portugal)
- Brâncusi Monumental Ensemble of Târgu Jiu (Romania)
- Monuments of Ancient Pskov (Russia)
- Risco Caido and the Sacred mountains of Gran Canaria Cultural Landscape (Spain)
- Priorat-Montsant-Siurana, Mediterranean Mosaic, Agricultural Cultural Landscape (Spain)
- Historic Guild Town of Mudurnu: Testimonies of Akhism (Turkey)
- Kızılırmak Delta Wetland and Bird Sanctuary (Turkey)
- Jodrell Bank Observatory (United Kingdom)
- Key Works of Modern Architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright (USA)

Latin America/Caribbean (3)
- Paraty Culture and Biodiversity (Brazil)
- Sunken City of Port Royal – A Relict and Continuing Cultural Landscape (Jamaica)
- Colonial Transisthmian Route of Panamá (Panama)

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#242 | Posted: 31 May 2018 07:21 
winterkjm:
perhaps after 5 years (Fall 2019) it will be time to revisit our Top Missing Sites list and do another round of voting!

I think that could be quite an interesting undertaking, see how things have progressed, how our own thinking has changed and how newer members of the community may shape things.

Five years feels like a reasonable gap as well.

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#243 | Posted: 29 Jun 2018 05:36 

Author Zoe
Partaker
#244 | Posted: 7 Jul 2018 11:15 
How does this work with "Incomplete"? Gebel Qatrani is marked as 2019 - Incomplete - not examined As Jebel Qatrani ?? How early does a SP invite ICOMOS to inspect anyway?

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#245 | Posted: 7 Jul 2018 11:23 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Zoe:
How early does a SP invite ICOMOS to inspect anyway?

Operational guidelines state -
"30 September (before Year 1)
Voluntary deadline for receipt of draft nominations from States Parties by the Secretariat.
15 November (before Year 1)
Secretariat to respond to the nominating State Party concerning the completeness of the draft nomination, and, if incomplete, to indicate the missing information required to make the nomination complete.
1 February Year 1
Deadline by which complete nominations must be received by the Secretariat to be transmitted to the relevant Advisory Bodies for evaluation.
February – 1 March Year 1
Nominations that are not complete (see paragraph 132) will not be transmitted to the relevant Advisory Bodies for evaluation. If a nomination is incomplete, the State Party concerned will be advised of information required to complete the nomination by the deadline of 1 February of the following year in order for the nomination to be examined in a future cycle.
Nominations that are complete are transmitted to the relevant Advisory Bodies for evaluation
March Year 1 – May Year 2
Evaluation by the Advisory Bodies
" (for recommendations to be considered by the WHC of Yr 2)

Quite why it is thought necessary to list for the "Year 1" WHC those nominations which were "incomplete" i don't know - perhaps to at least let their countrymen know that their bureaucrats have been doing something! But it also tells them that their bureaucrats are incompetent!
E.g "A nomination shall be considered "incomplete" if it does not include clearly defined boundaries" etc etc etc (e.g it must have a "Management Plan"!) How difficult is it???

Author Assif
Partaker
#246 | Posted: 7 Jul 2018 15:34 
Solivagant:
How difficult is it???

Ask Brazil who has managed to submit an incomplete dossier for Parati four times in a row!! (2012, 2013, 2016, 2018)

Author Caspar
Partaker
#247 | Posted: 9 Jul 2018 11:54 
Does anybody know why Mafra was not on the final list this year and forwarded to 2019? It seems on our site nobody is very excited about this site. To me the Mom Jesus site and even the whole town of Braga seems more interesting

Author elsslots
Admin
#248 | Posted: 9 Jul 2018 12:01 
Caspar:
Does anybody know why Mafra was not on the final list this year and forwarded to 2019? It seems on our site nobody is very excited about this site. To me the Mom Jesus site and even the whole town of Braga seems more interesting

The documentation submitted for 2018 was Incomplete, I guess they found/created the missing parts early enough to be in time for the 2019 round of evaluations

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#249 | Posted: 22 Sep 2018 21:42 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Sheki, The Khan's Palace (Azerbaijan)

Referred in 2017 and as the host nation, this is no surprise.

https://azertag.az/ar/xeber/1194498

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#250 | Posted: 22 Sep 2018 21:58 
Paraty - Culture and Biodiversity (Brazil)

Another tentative nomination has been combined with Paratay. PARC NATIONAL DE LA SERRA DA BOCAINA

"Serra da Bocaina and the Bay of Ilha Grande Paraty and its historical center"

http://www.icmbio.gov.br/portal/ultimas-noticias/20-geral/9984-brasil-podera-ter-siti o-misto-reconhecido-pela-unesco

https://www.jornalspnorte.com.br/paratu-e-angra-patrimonio-mundial-a-vista/

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#251 | Posted: 19 Nov 2018 03:39 

Author wojtek
Partaker
#252 | Posted: 15 Dec 2018 02:53 
Is there a way to find the nomination file of Ancient Iron Metallurgy Sites? I'm cosindering a trip to Burkina but can't find reliable data on the proposed locations.

Author elsslots
Admin
#253 | Posted: 15 Dec 2018 03:01 
wojtek:
Is there a way to find the nomination file of Ancient Iron Metallurgy Sites? I'm cosindering a trip to Burkina but can't find reliable data on the proposed locations.

I find it always hard to find nomination files before the actual inscription.
But this location seems like a sure bet, it's also on the TWHS description: http://www.burkinatourism.com/Les-fourneaux-de-tiwega-a-Kaya.html

Author wojtek
Partaker
#254 | Posted: 15 Dec 2018 03:53 
Thanks Els. This one seemed to be the easiest to reach based on TWHS description and I now see it is also quite significant, so taxi drivers should recognize it. Seems easy as a day trip from Ouagadougu. If only Loropeni was closer, I see this costs extra 2-3 days from Ouaga...

Author Colvin
Partaker
#255 | Posted: 16 Dec 2018 18:13 
The United States submitted the revised nomination for The 20th Century Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright last month. Here is a link to the news release, to include a link to the nomination file. This nomination, as mentioned earlier, has been revised to include only eight properties: Unity Temple, the Frederick C. Robie House, Taliesin, Hollyhock House, Fallingwater, the Herbert and Katherine Jacobs House, Taliesin West and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.

Page  Page 17 of 30:  « Previous  1  ...  16  17  18  ...  29  30  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2019 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑