World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2018 WHC

Page  Page 25 of 25:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25

Author elsslots
Admin
#361 | Posted: 24 Jun 2018 09:25 
I would be sorry to loose Shakhrisyabz as well.

Clyde's review of last year sums up my feelings too: it has always been a good place to get off the beaten track in Uzbekistan. And the Ak-Saray Palace is still there, isn't it?

Author pikkle
Partaker
#362 | Posted: 24 Jun 2018 20:01 
Naumburg, Laon, Troyes, Toul, Limburg an der Lahn, Maria Laach, St. Etienne (Caen), Lincoln, York, Wells, Gloucester.... these just all need to wait another 20 years for cathedrals to come back in style :)

Author Assif
Partaker
#363 | Posted: 2 Jul 2018 15:36 
This year is the first one to see 5 African committee members (Uganda, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Burkina Faso and Angola). Their share at the WHC was increased in order to strengthen their involvement in the WHS procedures. I think we can already tell that this has succeeded; this year's WHC has shown the African representatives to pursue their own views and to fight other MSs for what they deem right. Often I do not concur with their views, yet I find this change a welcome now and hope it will lead to more success in African nominations.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#364 | Posted: 3 Jul 2018 09:11 
Assif:
This year is the first one to see 5 African committee members (Uganda, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Burkina Faso and Angola). Their share at the WHC was increased in order to strengthen their involvement in the WHS procedures. I think we can already tell that this has succeeded; this year's WHC has shown the African representatives to pursue their own views and to fight other MSs for what they deem right. Often I do not concur with their views, yet I find this change a welcome now and hope it will lead to more success in African nominations.

I was amazed to see the African members fully backed such traditional and overrepresented sites like the European cathedrals, in the case of Naumburg. I'm not sure I saw a radical different approach from those countries.

But I share the hope that we will see more African nominations. The continent is underrepresented and there are still many more great sites that are worthy of a place on the List.

Author elsslots
Admin
#365 | Posted: 3 Jul 2018 10:03 
This is the score so far (about a day after the last site was inscribed) of how many community members have visited the new WHS:

845 Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai 26
930 Chaîne des Puys 15
931 Hedeby and Danevirke 15
946 Naumburg Cathedral 14
978 Medina Azahara 11
979 Sansa, Buddhist Mountain Monasteries 11
985 Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region 10
986 Ivrea 10
1000 Göbekli Tepe 8
1013 Qalhat 7
1033 Sassanid Archaeological Landscape 5
1046 Fanjingshan 3
1055 Tehuacán-Cuicatlán Valley 3
1057 Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains 2
1067 Aasivissuit - Nipisat 1
1068 Al-Ahsa Oasis 1
1076 Pimachiowin Aki 1
1080 Chiribiquete National Park 0
1091 Thimlich Ohinga 0

Page  Page 25 of 25:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2018 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑