World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2016 WHC

Page  Page 22 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#316 | Posted: 2 Jul 2016 01:17 
winterkjm:
- The Ahwar of Southern Iraq: refuge of biodiversity and the relict Landscape of the Mesopotamian Cities (Iraq) defer

Iraq seeks help from WHC member Azerbaijan on this one
http://news.az/articles/politics/109783

Author Durian
Partaker
#317 | Posted: 5 Jul 2016 19:52 
Thailand cabinet approved withdrawal of Phuphrabat HP

Yesterday Thai cabinet approved withdrawal proposal of Phuphrabat HP, the report also mentioned that Ministry of Culture plans to renominate again after adjusting criteria with only one or two criteria instead of current four criteria.

http://www.komchadluek.net/news/edu-health/232544

Author Durian
Partaker
#318 | Posted: 10 Jul 2016 01:44 | Edited by: Durian 
WHC 2016 in Istanbul will start today in evening local time, but the real show, WHS in danger + inscribe new WHS, will occur from Tuesday 12 to Thursday 14.

Live broadcast can be seen at http://whc.unesco.org/en/sessions/40COM/

Author elsslots
Admin
#319 | Posted: 10 Jul 2016 10:48 
Durian:
inscribe new WHS

This part will be on 15-17th (Friday - Sunday).

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#320 | Posted: 10 Jul 2016 13:40 
Looking at the numbers, even if every Deferral and Referral is overturned there would still be only 24 Inscriptions. Based on this I expect 18 - 20 new world heritage sites. I wouldn't bet against Iran, India, Turkey, or the US getting their evaluations overturned.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#321 | Posted: 11 Jul 2016 04:42 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Right now at the WHC

Republic of Korea wants to make Japan more accountable in regards to the interpretation of the Sites of Japan Meiji Industrial Revolution. Call is for full interpretation of each site. and ROK is reminding the body of last years challenges and promises made regarding this nomination.

"It must present history as it is." - ROK

Calls, "To reflect the historical truth and the heritage of the unfortunate past in an objective manner." - ROK

Japan's reply, requirement of progress reports will be completed by December 2017.
- information gathering (advice from expert committee, domestic and international experts
- establishment of an information center to be forthcoming

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#322 | Posted: 11 Jul 2016 05:32 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Advisory Bodies Reports (brief summary)

Finland makes two points in regards to ICOMOS.
- Total lack of referrals to nominations. ICOMOS and WHC is often given enough information to change nomination to Inscription.
- Far more withdrawn nominations because of the upstream process.

Turkey
- If the state party provides sufficient information, ICOMOS may reconsider their evaluations.

Jamaica
- Commends ICOMOS for early involvement with state parties bringing forth their first nominations.

Poland
- What has been done to include ICCROM more in the evaluation process?

Republic of Korea
- Questions regarding the chance for state parties to respond to ICOMOS evaluations between December and February. Though ICOMOS is strict in that no possible change in evaluation will take place, ROK asks for more flexibility (clear reference to the deferred Seowon nomination).

Advisory Body replies to questions
- ICOMOS makes comments regarding the flexibility of changing evaluations, or even second site visits. Clarifies that final evaluations come in March, only provisional decisions are made before that. ICOMOS also explains 2 months is likely far too little time for a state party to sufficiently improve or clarify a nomination dossier. Supports the involvement early on in the nomination process, even as early as the tentative list.

Author elsslots
Admin
#323 | Posted: 11 Jul 2016 11:59 
I now get the message "Live broadcast is offline"....

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#324 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 06:13 
Seems my timing isn't the best, I just logged in and saw 5 minutes of discussion about meeting rooms and then they went for a lunch break.

Today scheduled to be discussion of the World Heritage Sites in Danger.

Author elsslots
Admin
#325 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 09:43 
How's the livestream working for you? Here (using the English version) it does stream badly.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#326 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 09:54 
It is working pretty well for me. The sound is slightly out of synch but otherwise fine.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#327 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 10:04 
I missed part of the debate, but I think Liverpool has just had a deletion from the list ultimatum put into it's world heritage in danger listing.

If it doesn't act in a timely manner in dealing with new building proposal it will be removed from the list. I think that is what it was anyway.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#328 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 10:23 
It was all going well, but then it just dropped out in the middle of a sentence and now just displays:

UNESCO:
"Live broadcast is offline"

Youtube has a live feed from the floor so only in the language of the speaker, with no English translation. I'm giving my limited French a run out, I'm fine as long as the delegates only buy baguettes and ask for directions to the swimming pool.

Author elsslots
Admin
#329 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 11:56 
I'll open a new topic for comments regarding the livestream and what is said there, like we did in the past years.

Author Assif
Partaker
#330 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 13:13 
You can always watch the previous days under records.

Page  Page 22 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2016 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑