World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2016 WHC

Page  Page 13 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  12  13  14  ...  23  24  Next »

Author Durian
Partaker
#181 | Posted: 11 Feb 2016 21:22 
Another Japanese report that mention Le Corbusier nomination, this one said "there is no problem in the interim report" so a good sign?

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLASDG07H2T_Z00C16A2CR0000/

Author Durian
Partaker
#182 | Posted: 16 Feb 2016 08:05 
Thailand Ministry of Culture informed Phuphrabat HP nomination has been sent back for more study. Thailand plans to submit the nomination again before Feb 2017 for WHC 2018.

http://www.manager.co.th/Qol/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000016392

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#183 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 02:17 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Nominations for 2016: 29
- Antigua Naval Dockyard and Related Archeological Sites (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Architecture of Le Corbusier (Argentina, France, Germany, Switzerland, India, Japan)
- Stećci - Medieval Tombstones (Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia)
- Pampulha Modern Ensemble (Brazil)
- Mistaken Point (Canada)
- Pimachiowin Aki (Canada)
- Massif de l'Ennedi: Paysage Naturel et Culturel (Chad)
- Zuojiang Huashan Rock Art Cultural Landscape (China)
- Hubei Shennongjia (China)
- Roman Urbanism of the Zadar Peninsula with the Monumental Complex on the Forum (Croatia)
- Chaine des Puys et faille de Limagne (France)
- Mining Cultural Landscape Erzgebirge/Krusnohoři (Germany, Czech Rep)
- Archaeological Site of Philippi (Greece)
- Excavated Remains at Nalanda Mahavihara (India)
- Kangchendzonga National Park (India)
- The Persian Qanat (Iran)
- Lut Desert (Iran)
- The Ahwar of Southern Iraq: refuge of biodiversity and the relict landscape of the Mesopotamian Cities (Iraq)
- Western Tien-Shan (Kazahkstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan)
- Archipiélago de Revillagigedo (Mexico)
- Nan Madol: Ceremonial Center of the Eastern Micronesia (Micronesia)
- Historic Center of Cetinje (Montenegro)
- Seowon, Neo-Confucian Academies of the Joseon Dynasty (Republic of Korea)
- Antequera Dolmens Site (Spain)
- Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex (Thailand)
- Ani Cultural Landscape (Turkey)
- Mountain Ecosystems of Koytendag (Turkmenistan)
- Gibraltar Neanderthal Caves and Environments (UK)
- Key Works of Modern Architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright (USA)

(3) Boundary Modifications
Archeological Site and Historic Centre of Panama City (Panama)
Western Caucasus (Russia)
Virgin Komi Forests (Russia)

Asia - 11
Europe - 10
Latin America - 3
North America - 3
Africa - 1
Arab States - 1

Cultural: 17
Natural: 8
Mixed: 4

WITHDRAWN
Francke Foundation Buildings (Germany)
Churches and Christian Sites in Nagasaki (Japan)
Phu Phrabat Historical Park (Thailand)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#184 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 02:33 | Edited by: winterkjm 

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#185 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 08:21 
winterkjm:
Pampulha Modern Ensemble (Brazil) seems like a Referral, with ICOMOS recommendations being acted upon before June.

Thanks for that winterkjm, it looks like they are wanting an unauthorised extension (Puxadinho) of the Yacht Club to be removed. If I've understood it properly it is actually quite a big extension (the area with the green football pitch and the green and orange handball court on google earth) that they are looking at removing.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#186 | Posted: 18 Feb 2016 20:35 
Hollyhock House (LA)

Great video of Frank Lloyd Wright's first building in Southern California.

Author Durian
Partaker
#187 | Posted: 19 Feb 2016 07:44 
Another dead end of Kreang Krachan NP

Karen tribe raise 7 demands from Thai government in order to accept WHS nomination. The demand including allow to clear the forest for plantations for 10 years! I don't think Thai Government will accept these demand.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#188 | Posted: 19 Feb 2016 15:24 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Re Gorham's Cave etc
I found the following link from "Visit Gibraltar" (posted Nov 2015) indicating that it is intended to start tours of at least Vanguard Cave in "early" 2016. Whether this would happen if there is a reject etc, who knows (and there is no indication elsewhere of any planned start date)? On the inscription matter - I can find no news on the Web
https://www.instagram.com/p/-Br023vvZN/

Regarding mention of possible visits elsewhere I found this comment in a preliminary pre-Nomination document of April 2012
"The management plan will also address ways in which access is maximised, for the benefit of the local community and of visitors, within the confines of the fragility of cave archaeological and palaeontological deposits. Visits by boat, without landing ashore, are being considered alongside guided visits to the site under strict supervision. In addition, the possibility of live camera feeds to the Gibraltar Museum web site is being
contemplated."

See here for more about the entire site
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/publicat ions/Gorhams_Cave_Technical_Evaluation.pdf

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#189 | Posted: 8 Mar 2016 01:07 
Clarifications Maps or "boundary modifications" have been updated to the 2016 WHC documents.

Author elsslots
Admin
#190 | Posted: 9 Mar 2016 00:27 
I did find some advisories on the Danger List (SOC) using the key "WHC-16/40.COM" on Google:
- Mtskheta: to remain In Danger
- Gelati Monastery: to remain In Danger
- Mount Nimba: to remain In Danger
- Medieval Monuments on Kosovo: to remain In Danger

By the way: UNESCO is still referring to the Georgian site as "Bagrati Cathedral and Gelati Monastery", while I clearly noted during last year's session that Bagrati Cathedral was delisted. Huh?

Author Durian
Partaker
#191 | Posted: 9 Mar 2016 02:07 | Edited by: Durian 
Sanganeb Marine National Park and Dungonab Bay/Mukkawar Island Marine National Park

According to IUCN website, there are 2 sites that had been referred in 2015 and will be evaluated again in 2016, Kreang Krachan NP of Thailand and Sanganeb Marine NP of Sudan.

Also UK Giant's Causeway and Vietnamese Trang An will be discussed for minor boundary modification.

https://www.iucn.org/about/work/programmes/wcpa_worldheritage/advisory_body_role/wcpa _nomination/

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#192 | Posted: 9 Mar 2016 02:58 
Fantastic year for natural and mixed nominations! Hopefully, most of these natural and mixed sites get a positive evaluation by IUCN.

Author elsslots
Admin
#193 | Posted: 10 Mar 2016 01:48 | Edited by: elsslots 
elsslots:
By the way: UNESCO is still referring to the Georgian site as "Bagrati Cathedral and Gelati Monastery", while I clearly noted during last year's session that Bagrati Cathedral was delisted. Huh?

Solivagant and I have dived a bit deeper into this and watched the relevant episodes of the WHC 2015 meeting again.
It indeed is true that the ICOMOS recommendation for referral of the decision that Gelati Monastery would go on on its own was adopted. Turkey argued in favour of inscribing Gelati on its own directly, but no amendment was made and the Chair just called out 'Adopted' and they went on with the next agenda item.
I've now changed the information about it on this website.
This would also mean that the delisting of Bagrati and renomination of Gelati Monastery is back on the agenda of the WHC 2016.

Author hubert
Partaker
#194 | Posted: 10 Mar 2016 04:34 
The WHC 2016 documents provides maps for Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France
http://whc.unesco.org/en/documents/140279

Actually, more than just maps, a pdf of 709 pages including maps, photos, descriptions.

Author Walter
Partaker
#195 | Posted: 14 Mar 2016 13:42 
hubert:
The WHC 2016 documents provides maps for Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France
http://whc.unesco.org/en/documents/140279

Actually, more than just maps, a pdf of 709 pages including maps, photos, descriptions.

The link is dead. Did anyone save the document, I try to google it without success.

Page  Page 13 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  12  13  14  ...  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2016 WHC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑