1. Ironbridge Gorge -- iconic symbol of the Industrial Revolution; historic village and a valley rich in coal, iron ore, limestone, and clay, leading to the development of an iron industry
2. Völklingen Ironworks -- epitomizes the steel-making industry, vital to the development of infrastructure and transportation
3. New Lanark -- philanthropist town centered around the cotton mill industry, highlighting textile production
4. Tomioka Silk Mill -- highlights the silk-making process, as well as Japan's entry into the industrialized world
5. Fray Bentos -- I know this isn't a popular choice, but the meat-packing industry probably should be highlighted for its impact on global dining habits
6. Rjukan / Notodden -- showcases the power industry through the harnessing of waterfalls and rivers for hydroelectric power
I'd love to include the salt industry here, but I think Wieliczka from the Mines category is really the better choice.