World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHS Top 200 www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS Top 200 /  

Agriculture

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Assif
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 22 Dec 2015 15:20 
elsslots:
Move forward to other category for inclusion:
Wachau Cultural Landscape - for its imposing abbeys

We currently have the Wachau as a Yes and the Middle Rhine Valley as a maybe. Can this be justified? The Rhine Valley played an important role in the development of romantic historicism. It also played a role in literature and art of the 19th century. Moreover, it has the largest concentration of mediaeval fortresses anywhere in Europe and is much longer than the Wachau. Having lived in Vienna I am very fond of the Wachau, but should it be ranked higher?

Author Khuft
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 23 Dec 2015 10:37 
Assif:
elsslots:
Move forward to other category for inclusion:
Wachau Cultural Landscape - for its imposing abbeys

We currently have the Wachau as a Yes and the Middle Rhine Valley as a maybe. Can this be justified? The Rhine Valley played an important role in the development of romantic historicism. It also played a role in literature and art of the 19th century. Moreover, it has the largest concentration of mediaeval fortresses anywhere in Europe and is much longer than the Wachau. Having lived in Vienna I am very fond of the Wachau, but should it be ranked higher?

The Rhine valley is nice, but not really that spectacular (in my view, but maybe I've crossed it too often by train). Yes, it's filled with medieval castles, but so are other parts of Germany (and the ones in the Rhine valley are not necessarily the most picturesque). Probably you can say the same about Wachau, but what makes Wachau superior in my view are the monasteries, and in particular Melk.

Author Assif
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 28 Jan 2016 16:32 
fr4nc1sc4:
My selection:

Fertö/Neusiedlersee
Wachau Cultural Landscape
Hani Rice Terraces
Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras

Hani needs to be moved to cursive (already updated on the rank list). Wachau and Philippine Rice Terraces are already bold. No support for Fertö.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
WHS Top 200 www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS Top 200 /
 Agriculture

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑