World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Slovenia

Author elsslots
Admin
#1 | Posted: 7 Jun 2021 13:28 
Slovenia did not have a topic so far, but with 2 nominations in the 2020/2021 session it's about time!

I have been looking at the differences between the TWHS locations and those in the AB evaluations of 2020/2021. I also spotted one for Ljubljana: in addition to the 6 TWHS components, the Church of St. Francis of Assisi will also be included.

Author JobStopar
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 7 Jun 2021 13:49 | Edited by: JobStopar 
Great to see Slovenia got its own topic! As Els noted, the Plečnik nomination also includes the Church of St. Francis of Assisi in Šiška, but the Classical Karst nomination, although now probably destined for a complete re-do or as IUCN advises, a transformation into an extension of the Škocjan caves WHS as a base for a future Dinaric Karst serial nomination with other Dinaric countries, includes a bit of a different area as we have it on our TWHS map. Notably, the Podgrad Lowland with its blind valleys and the Karst Plateau have been omitted, while I also see that the Predjama cave is now only featured in the buffer zone of the property. I am also not sure if our connection Already part of a WHS applies now, as the new property doesn't include parts of the Škocjan caves WHS, but just borders its buffer zone if I understand correctly?

Nevertheless, looking forward to the conference and hopefully the inscription of my university's library as part of the Plečnik nomination!

Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Slovenia

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑