World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Kenya

Author elsslots
Admin
#1 | Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:34 | Edited by: elsslots 
I have a full day in Nairobi before my trip to the CAR begins. Is there anyone with first hand experience with a Kenyan tour company which does (private) day tours? I am looking to go to Lake Nakuru or Lake Elementaita (Kenya Lake System WHS) for the day.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 25 Mar 2020 17:44 | Edited by: Colvin 
Oh -- I'm sorry this didn't work out, Els.

I was researching the Tentative Lists to get ideas for African nominations for Top 50 - 2020, and noticed a couple tentative sites still listed on the Kenya page that I think can be removed since they have been inscribed. The Kenya Lake System in the Great Rift Valley was inscribed in 2011, which I think fulfills The Great Rift Valley - The Kenya Lakes System site on the T-list (I'm not sure why it still is listed on the UNESCO page as a tentative site).

Additionally, the Lake Nakuru National Park and Lake Bogoria National Reserve sites on the T-list appear to be captured in The Kenya Lake System in the Great Rift Valley WHS, according to the map from the UNESCO site and the maps of the boundaries of Lake Nakuru National Park and Lake Bogoria National Reserve.

Hope you get to visit this site soon -- it looks amazing!

Author elsslots
Admin
#3 | Posted: 25 Mar 2020 22:52 
Colvin:
(I'm not sure why it still is listed on the UNESCO page as a tentative site).

Yes, that's why I keep them up as well - to keep it 1-on-1 with the UNESCO list (though it is in error in Kenya's T List)
There's a connection about it also, Already inscribed, still on T List

Author Colvin
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 25 Mar 2020 23:22 
Interesting -- I guess Kenya needs to clean up their T-list. Thanks!

Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Kenya

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑