World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Central African Republic

Author Zoe
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:02 
Els, is it safe to visit CAR nowadays and what's your itinerary?

Author elsslots
Admin
#2 | Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:43 | Edited by: elsslots 
I am doing this http://sanghalodge.com/itineraries1/highlights-of-dzanga-sangha , with a set departure on March 22. It's somewhat of the holy grail for mammal watchers. Sangha park in general has never seen any violence apparently (probably too remote). In their FAQ they say "Travel advisories will always advise against travel to CAR, and while this is sound advice for a large part of the country, the troubled region is as so far away from the remote south west were the lodge is located and we have never, even in the bleakest dark times in 2013 and 2014 been affected. Bangui, the capital too is secure and your passing through this quaint capital should never be an issue."

I notice that the country collectors are not venturing much beyond the capital Bangui for their CAR 'tick'.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Dec 2019 14:40 
Oh that sounds pretty great! I guess you have good flight connections from Europe, Air France?

That's quite normal, a lot of people avoid e.g. Ukraine but the troubled areas are so far away they will never come across actual danger, yet people still visit Isreal/Palestine all the time where there are more bombs going off there (lately it's quieter).

Anyway so I take it no plan to visit St Floris?

Author elsslots
Admin
#4 | Posted: 25 Dec 2019 23:14 
Zoe:
I guess you have good flight connections from Europe, Air France?

Air France has weekly flights from Paris indeed, but I fly Kenya Airways Amsterdam - Nairobi - Bangui because its schedule connects with the charter flight on Sunday from Bangui to Sangha NP.

Zoe:
Anyway so I take it no plan to visit St Floris?

I don't believe that's accessible at all at the moment and it lies in a much more dangerous area in the border region with Tchad.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 8 Jan 2020 22:55 
I was in touch with them and unfortunately March is too tight for me but I'd like to combine the September tour with Kenya :)

Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Central African Republic

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑