World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Czech Republic

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 6 Sep 2021 11:03 
christravelblog
Wow, you are in a sense travelling on a kind of preferential lane! :-O Out of curiousity, do the private tours also depend on this wonderful press pass?

Author christravelblog
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 7 Sep 2021 03:16 
Astraftis
preferential a bit..... i do need to return writings of course. it's not "for free".

I often ask for a more quick tour as the regular tourists. less explanation (I do research before/later anyway).
allthough I prefer to see all by myself but sometimes it's not possible.

Author Pavel
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 7 Sep 2021 03:17 
Žatec and the landscape of Saaz hops
I almost forget sharing the interactive map I found several months ago:
https://arcg.is/1fqSiz
Be aware that it is only for the hard-core hops enthusiasts. There are (almost) all hops-related monuments in Czechia with their brief description and photos (in Czech language only). Paradoxically, there is everything outside the town of Žatec, but Žatec with its Prague suburb is almost not covered at all.

Author christravelblog
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 8 Sep 2021 12:49 
Pavel
oh cool! yes i'm hops guru. haha. love beer but more into craft beer. with my world travels and me ticking off beers (yes there is an app for called untappd) now at over 8000 different beers :-)

Author Pavel
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 9 Sep 2021 01:51 
christravelblog
I am into craft beer too. But the traditional Czech beer drinking is more about volume and spending many many hours in a pub, therefore Pilsner lager type of beer is the only option. It is maybe a part of national culture, on the other hand I am not sure if it is good to be a nation of alcoholics...
What I like on the map of hops related sites is that somebody, probably in the frame of a grant project but with a big portion of enthusiasm, is willing to explore every single house to find and document the remainings of almost abandoned tradition.

Author paul
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 9 Sep 2021 05:56 
For my annual hardcore-on-my-own-without-family WHS trip, I had planned to go mountain biking through Georgia and Armenia - unfortunately, I have to endure another corona disappointment. So I have just emergency planned an alternative mountain bike/WHS trip in Czechia. As there seems to be a lot of local knowledge, I was wondering if you could provide a little help and/or opinions.

1. Passau -> Cesky Krumlov (cycle 110km 2400m)
2. Cesky Krumlov -> Holasovice -> Telc (cycle 147km 1850m)
3. Telc -> Trebic (cycle) -> Brno (cycle 107km 1300m)
4. Brno -> Zďár nad Sázavou (train) -> Tugendhat Villa (train) -> Brno
5. Brno -> Valtice (train) -> Lednice (cycle) -> Kromeríz (cycle + train?) -> Olomouc (cycle + train?)
6. Olomouc -> Litomysl (train) -> Kutna Hora (cycle 100km 800m)
7. Kutna Hora -> Kladruby nad Labem (cycle) -> Prague (cycle + train)
8. Prague
9. Prague (evening -> Amsterdam)

After the first 2 heavy days I have possibilities of taking the train as an escape!

I would prefer to sleep in pretty, atmospheric towns. How is Brno? I have a ticket at 15:00 for Tugendhat Villa, would it be best to stay a second night in Brno after the visit or move onto in Lednice?

How are my other choices of sleeping locations, Telc, Olomouc, Kutna Hora?

Between Lednice and Olomouc I will combine cycle and train which are the prettiest/hilly sections?

Am I missing any really worth while non-whs sights or interesting mountain bike areas (mountains) on or near the route?

Thanks for any input - real experience is worth lots of internet searching!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Czech Republic

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑