World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

| Forums | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /

Botswana

Author elsslots
Admin
#1 | Posted: 4 Dec 2018 08:15 
I am looking into Botswana for my May trip next year. The usual safari destinations I have well covered, but can anybody who went there shine a light on Tsodilo? Which camp/lodge/hotel did you stay at and how did you get there?

Author Zoe
Registered
#2 | Posted: 4 Dec 2018 10:13 
Self-drive, you could arrange a guide for the day tour but you'd have to ask around with the tour operators.

Stayed at the Swamp Stop near Sepupa. Has rooms plus camping sites for both options.

Author elsslots
Admin
#3 | Posted: 5 Dec 2018 12:48 | Edited by: elsslots 
Thanks, Zoe. And also Geert who responded by e-mail with similar suggestions.

My itinerary has some complexities though:
- I will travel by myself and will not / cannot drive a 4x4 car. From what I have read, at the end there's quite a bit of difficult driving involved.
- The most logical way to approach it is from the north, when you come driving down from the Caprivi strip. Then you actually pass it. However, I will start from Maun (as my other arrangements start from there as well, going eastwards hopping around lodges and mobile camping in Moremi, Khwai and Chobe). So it must be a 1 or 2 day trip from Maun.

I know there is a luxury fishing lodge that also 'does' Tsodilo where you can fly in: https://www.nxamaseri.com/okavango-delta-botswana-nxamaseri-island-lodge/
And there is a tantalizing half-day trip by helicopter, which sounds worth a splurge but is very expensive: https://www.helicopterhorizons.com/experiences/

Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries / Botswana Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®