World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Switzerland

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 24 Oct 2017 22:15 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I got ahead of myself assuming this nomination was for 2019. Every article seemed to say "finalizing", which I wrongly assumed meant by this February! However, what we can determine is that a transnational Mont Blanc nomination will come before the WHC fairly soon. My guess is Switzerland will add a tentative nomination in the near future.

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 3 Nov 2017 09:25 
winterkjm:
Therefore, France has an available natural nomination slot

especially as France could lose one natural WHS with the independence referendum (next year) in New Caledonia (lagoons)

Author csarica
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 9 May 2022 10:51 
I will visit Switzerland on May 15th as a day trip from Germany by car. It will be a family trip, thus we have a baby and an elder in the party. My only missing WHS in Switzerland is Swiss Tectonic Area. I want to visit there but I also want the family have a good time in nature. What I am looking for is not a 7-hour long hiking but good panoramas with minimal effort. The best option would be taking two lifts from Flims and then cable car to the Fil de Cassons as most of the group members did. But the lifts and cable cars are not operational on that time.
I am wondering which is the best option below and their feasibility and beauty;
1) Driving to Elm Töniberg and taking gondola to Elm Tschinglenalp. The family may have a short picnic there while I was hiking through the Tschingelhörner.
Question 1 is "To see Tschingelhörner with a clear angle, how much should I walk?" I am asking this because I can only walk for an hour or so. I cannot leave the family alone for longer periods.
2) Is it possible to drive up to the Naraus? If yes, is there a hiking route from Naraus to Fil de Cassons? If yes, how long is it? Again, I can only walk for an hour or so.
3) Is there a better alternative than the above two to visit Swiss Tectonic Area with family while Flims lifts are not working?
4) Where do you suggest us to go with the family for the rest of the day after Swiss Tectonic Area? It does not need to be WHS. I have been in Chur and St. Moritz before (via Bernina express) and Müstair. I am open to suggestions other than these places.

Thanks in advance.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 9 May 2022 14:43 
csarica:
The best option would be taking two lifts from Flims and then cable car to the Fil de Cassons as most of the group members did. But the lifts and cable cars are not operational on that time.
I am wondering which is the best option below and their feasibility and beauty;

Where precisely did you see that the lifts arent operational? Not sure which lift you are looking at, but some are running.
https://www.flimslaax.com/oeffnungszeiten-tickets

And please, the 7h crossing was totally peachy. At least for the Swiss part of our hiking team.

Author csarica
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 9 May 2022 20:45 
nfmungard

I checked the same website. Flims - Foppa is working but Foppa- Naraus will start on May 26th.
7hour hiking is definitely something amazing. I was so jealous of you while I was reading your review. But it is impossible with an infant and an elder who cannot even walk 100 meters.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Switzerland

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑