Thu - Torres del Paine -> El Calafete (afternoon)
Fri - El Calafete (WHS)
Slight change: Day trip to Perito Moreno and then took the evening bus to El Chalten. You can leave the luggage at the bus station.
Wed - Esquel - Los Alerces (TWHS)
Thu - Esquel - Night Bus Puerto Madryn
* Check when tours (week day) are available if you don't want to hitchhike as I had to.
* I took the night bus on the same day as visiting Los Alerces. They run at 21:30/22:00h so this is easily feasilble.
Sat - Puerto Madryn - Flight Buenos Aires (evening)
See my review. Be sure that the transferpmy guys don't forget your reservation by calling them the day before.
Mon - Fray Bentos (WHS), Sacramento
* Getting from Buenos Aires to Fray Bentos is not that easy with public transport.
* I made it to Fray Bentos in the afternoon and then took an evening bus to Colonia arriving around midnight.
* It may be logistically easier to do the trip the other way around.
* Check Fray Bentos opening days. I do think you can see a lot on your own even when it's closed.
Wed - Buenos Aires - Posadas <-> Trinidad (WHS)
* When flying in from Buenos Aires the bus can drop you off at the bus station where you can leave your luggage (check with information where, hard to find).
* I was not able to catch a bus to the 2nd site in Paraguay. Unlike Lonely Planet claimed there were no cabs or collective in Trinidad.
* I did the trip to Trinidad and back and then continued to San Ignacio in the evening.
Thu - Posadas - St Ignacio (WHS) - Iguacu
* As stated I woke up already in St Ignacio and then visited all three monasteries. This is recommended as it allows you to see different levels of preservation and reconstruction. St Ignacio was redone the most,, Loreto being the most original.
* Check the bus times if you are depending on that. Travelling between Santa Ana and St Ignacio is easy. Getting to/from Loreto is difficult. Ask and plan before. I was not able to hitch a ride from Loreto.
* The bus to Iguacu was really slow. Really check how long the bus will take and how many stops it will make. I think there are express options and I wasn't in one of them.