World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Saudi Arabia

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Zoe
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 21 Oct 2019 22:46 
Hi Jason,
Yes just showing up during opening hours should be fine. The site isn't remote so unlike the places in the middle of the desert you will surely find someone around.
Entrance was free but you pay for the guide which is necessary because he knows where the rock art is plus he will drive you around the site.
Have fun on your trip.

Author jfolkmanis
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 22 Oct 2019 10:44 
Thanks Zoe, appreciate all the helpful advice!

Author jfolkmanis
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 03:09 
Zoe
Hi Zoe -- Did you have any travel guides with you in Saudi? I'm just wondering if you think it's fine to bring the Lonely Planet guide to Saudi Arabia and/or Lonely Planet guide to Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula (the latter guide warns that ``many books'' may be considered problematic by customs). I would be grateful for any guidance. Thanks!

Author Zoe
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 12:05 
I use ebooks so I wouldn't know, although I don't even remember customs checking my bag at all. What do those books contain that goes against Muslim beliefs?

Author jfolkmanis
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 13:48 
Zoe
I don't think there is any issue with material in the books related to religious beliefs; I just wasn't sure how carefully customs looks at books. It sounds like it won't be a problem. Thanks again for all your helpful guidance.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Saudi Arabia

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑