World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Russia

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#91 | Posted: 15 Dec 2020 22:46 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Russia Tentative List Nominations [Last 5 Years]
- The Oglakhty Range (2016)
- Centre historique de la ville de Gorokhovets (2017)
- Treasures of the Pazyryk Culture (2018)
- Rock Painting of Shulgan-Tash Cave (2018)
- Petroglyphs of Lake Onega and the White Sea (2018) *Official Nomination for 2021
- Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Savior & Medieval Rampart City Wall of Pereslavl-Zalessky (2019)
- Heritage of Chukotka Arctic Marine Hunters (2019)
- Vyatskoe Village (2019)
- Divnogorye Historical and Cultural Complex (2020)
- Astronomical Observatories of Kazan Federal University (2020)

Criterion
9 Cultural
1 Mixed
0 Natural

3 of 10 Nominations located in Siberia and the Russian Far East (East of Ural Mountains)

Nearly unvisited by any of our travel community, what nominations from this group stand out?

Author elsslots
Admin
#92 | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:33 
winterkjm:
Astronomical Observatories of Kazan Federal University (2020)

Everyone who has visited the Kazan Kremlin WHS will also have passed by 1 of the 2 locations of this new TWHS, as the university building lies within the Kremlin. It will be a double entry if it is inscribed. I did not enter, don't know if you can.

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#93 | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:08 | Edited by: Sjobe 
elsslots:
Everyone who has visited the Kazan Kremlin WHS will also have passed by 1 of the 2 locations of this new TWHS, as the university building lies within the Kremlin. It will be a double entry if it is inscribed. I did not enter, don't know if you can.

I think it is not a double entry (if inscribed). At least it is not within the core zone of Kazan WHS. University area where the observatory is located, is two blocks away from the protected area. I hope I understood it correctly because the maps on the nomination file are not very clear.

Author elsslots
Admin
#94 | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:02 
Yes you are right, it lies outside the already protected area (which is just the tip of the Kazan Kremlin). But you will certainly pass it on your way to it, it's just 400m or so.

Author barabanov
Partaker
#95 | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 17:39 | Edited by: barabanov 
In my view, only Shulgan-Tash (Kapova) and Lake Onega/White Sea stand out and Unesco usually loves such sites. Kapova cave has amazing prehistoric paintings (inc first human painting of camel) but its closed for tourist visits.
Gorokhovets is just lovely provincial town.
Pazyryk culture should added within Altai (with several more sites and making it mixed).
Pereslavl matches perfectly white monuments of Suzdal/Vladimir.
Vyatskoe us believed to be most beautiful village of Russia, but again its located 30 km away from Yaroslvavl and is historically part of its heritage.
Divnogorye monastery carved in white rocks and looks very oddly-wordly, but has local importance.
Kazan site seems to be new lobbying project of ex-president of Tatarstan, who loves WHS like we do, and his fund also has good financing.
Chukotka site doesnt look attractive but unique nature, focus on super distant ethnic community culture aspects in fierce weather conditions could be enough for inscription

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Russia

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑