Just finished adding descriptions to all 57 Iranian TWHS.
Iran seems to know the ropes about getting sites inscribed, but its T List is rather messy:
- There's a triple TWHS entry Qasr-e Shirin (2x on its own and once caravanserai).
- Izadkhast (looks pretty on photos) also part of Caravanserai and possibly also Silk Road (which is without hint of a location at all).
- Ghaznavi- Seljukian Axis in Khorasan also 2 caravanserais
- Tape Sialk is also double (alone and as part of axis of fin,sialk, kashan)
- Lots of uninspirational, short texts (Zozan or "There is not similar area in Iran or in the world." Or try to make sense of this
- 5 sites have already been inscribed in one way or another, and 3 are proposed extensions.
- Kharghan (of Bastam and Kharghan) probably is nearby Kharghani, but whether that has monuments as well or is this just an indication where Bastam is located?
- Ruchun Wildlife Refuge? – no idea where it is or what it is about
Among the better ones:
- Taq-e Bostan
- Possibly Touran ("little africa) with critically endangered asian cheetah.
- The Caravanserais can be good, but choose a good selection and do not put those sites forward as well as single entries or as part of Silk Road
- The Collection of Historical Bridges is better than it sounds.
- Nasqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab
- Abyaneh (possibly the best among the multiple vernacular villages on the T List of Iran)