World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Peru

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author Zoe
Partaker
#46 | Posted: 26 Aug 2019 09:57 
Trujillo is back on the list and an easy tick when visiting ChanChan. Can't recommend it but my hotel was just a few blocks away from centro historico.
I also went to Chankillo and it's difficult to get there, not much to see and I think a drone is required to get any worthwhile shots. Surely special for being an old astronomy complex but hard to see among the ruins.
Hiring a car at Lima airport is easy and the road to Trujillo is smooth: all paved and many dual highway sections (even triple). One short section had a deviation but it wasn't long. So wheras I'm glad I had the luxury of the car and driving in peru isn't anything hair-raising as people say online, it has limited mileage so I rented for more days than needed which was cheaper than the additional charges. The toll adds up too. Wouldn't do it again but it saved me at least 2 days traveling with buses and I carry so much coffee from Colombia now lol

Author kintante
Partaker
#47 | Posted: 26 Aug 2019 10:33 
Zoe:
Trujillo is back on the list

True. I just checked the unesco site and Trujillo, Cajamarca and Titicaca are still on the T-list. @Els: can you move them back from former T list to T list?

I have family in Lima and they all have cars. So I guess I will cover Chankillo with a driver :) but I sometimes play with the idea to get a drone. Places like Neuf-Brisach or Palmanova would be so much better with a drone.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#48 | Posted: 26 Aug 2019 17:49 
nfmungard:
Solivagant:
3. Acueductos Nasca, región Ica.

I think I have been there while waiting for my bus to Arequipa. I would assume this is a simple extension of Nasca, not a new site.

I wouldn't think so. The lines are artistic marvels whereas the aqueducts are for water management. You have seen it yourself :) I got to see the the Cantayoq aqueduct on my overflight plus it's easy to visit by taxi. We don't have any map data by the way, i can see these are mentioned as well:
Orcona
Pangaravi
Ocongalla, part of a tour if you go to the Cahuachi Pyramids
Santa María

Author Zoe
Partaker
#49 | Posted: 30 Aug 2019 16:49 | Edited by: Zoe 
Qhapaq Nan: i saw this sign in Cuzco center and now I'm wondering if the roads in Centro Historico are supposed to be inscribed as well?

https://ibb.co/yQPWjZC

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#50 | Posted: 30 Aug 2019 19:05 
Zoe
These four roads from Hauk'aypata Square / Plaza de Armas are part of the Qhapaq Nan WHS.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#51 | Posted: 31 Aug 2019 15:24 
Oh, great. Is there actually anything where our dot is on the map North of town? Suggest having a dot in the centre of Cuzco.

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Peru

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑