World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Turkey

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Author csarica
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 19 Nov 2022 22:02 
If your aim is just to visit Troy and Gallipoli war zones, there are Istanbul-departing overnight tours that cover both. Such a tour may be more convenient for you. You may google them. As an example, this is the first of the results of my google search: https://www.gezentitur.com/tur/7-canakkale-turu-1-gece-konaklamali

Uzunkopru is not a big miss. Imo, it will never end up in the full list. Yildiz Palace is under renovation but I do not know the extend and progress.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 21 Nov 2022 07:23 | Edited by: Astraftis 
I have taken a look at those packages, but apart from the advantage of not having to take care of logistics myself, I see a couple of disadvantages: they still seem a little bit more expensive than organising it myself; and I need to have Troy all by myself without the slightest time constraint :-) Now I am also considering if I can extend to Assos on the same day, and then go back to the City in one long transfer on the next day, overnighting again in Çanakkale. I like the idea of being a little lazy on the coast in this lazy season. Maybe I'll also manage to visit the town properly with no hassle.

OK, I won't be so desperate of missing the bridges, but I hope to come back for them, too! :-)

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Turkey

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑