World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Spain

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author elsslots
Admin
#31 | Posted: 20 Dec 2021 23:54 | Edited by: elsslots 
There's a FTWHS called Hôpital Royal de la Santa Cruz. Does anyone have an idea where it is located? Could it even be https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_de_la_Santa_Cruz_y_San_Pablo? (but that wasn't royal). Another idea is that it might be en route between Toledo and Granada.

Asking for a friend...

Author AJRC
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 21 Dec 2021 04:09 | Edited by: AJRC 
elsslots
I've been looking for an answer. Really difficult to find. I would bet it is the one in Granada. I found this document to confirm in 1994 started the work to add in the tentative list of "Hospital Real de la Santa Cruz, Granada"

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 21 Dec 2021 06:42 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Yeah I think AJRC is correct.

When we mapped the Former T-list sites we ended up with it as Hospital Real, Granada. It was re added later as part of the 2007 updated t-list of Renaissance buildings of Granada, so seems possible and thanks to AJRC's link I can see it is also refred to as Hospital Real de la Santa Cruz.

The alternative is that the Hospital in Granada was based on the Hospital of Santa Cruz in Toledo, however that would already be inscribed when this addition to the t-list was made in 1998 (infact I just saw that Toledo was originally propossed as just as the Hospital, which was news to me).

I think the one in Granada feels more correct to me, more so than Barcelona or Toledo.

Author elsslots
Admin
#34 | Posted: 21 Dec 2021 12:33 
Thanks guys!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Spain

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑