World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Italy

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author clyde
Partaker
#46 | Posted: 17 Aug 2019 17:07 | Edited by: clyde 
Colvin Glad you liked it and hopefully it will help others enjoy the different WHS locations.

Author Messy
Partaker
#47 | Posted: 22 Sep 2019 09:11 
Tomorrow evening, I fly out to Rome from New Jersey's Newark airport. I have to be in London by October the eighth (8/10). What do you recommend from the 24th to the 30th?

Author Colvin
Partaker
#48 | Posted: 22 Sep 2019 09:55 | Edited by: Colvin 
Messy:
What do you recommend from the 24th to the 30th?

That's really a bit broad. Have you been to Rome before? Are you looking for recommendations on what the best sites are to visit or for what events might be happening during that week? Or are you asking about what day trips out of Rome are worthwhile?

For sights to see, Rome is a feast for ancient architecture, making it an excellent city to roam at large. And I always recommend the gelato.

Author Messy
Partaker
#49 | Posted: 23 Sep 2019 13:33 
I was robbed there many years ago (a hoard of Gypsies stole everything on the left half of my body), and had to get a new passport, and when I got it, I had to sleep in front of Termini station and was kind of robbed again. I've been there s number of times since then. A fascinating place, but I'll never love it.

Author kintante
Partaker
#50 | Posted: 25 Sep 2019 03:28 
Day trip by train to Tarquinia for the Etruscan tombs. Other day trip by train to Tivoli for the Villa d'Este and the Roman villa. There are also fast trains to Naples. Naples region offers many great sites, but you need to stay there a few nights.

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Italy

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑