World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

France

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 5 Aug 2019 13:50 
In the same way as the The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier, the Architectural work of G.Eiffel has been already approached? Would it be a serious idea or not in your opinion? It could cover several countries.
I didn't find any topic about this architect

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#77 | Posted: 5 Aug 2019 15:46 | Edited by: Solivagant 
jeanbon:
In the same way as the The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier, the Architectural work of G.Eiffel has been already approached? Would it be a serious idea or not in your opinion? It could cover several countries.

You will have seen the Connection for WHS inscribed as "Multiple works of a Single Architect"?
So - Palladio, Vauban, Horta, Gaudi, Le Corbusier and FL Wright.
Leaving aside the issue of whether they all really "justify" being placed on a World Heritage pedestal, I guess that what they have in common is an innovative, coherent and developing style/technology which influenced the wider world and/or (Horta?) reflected an era/historical period, rather than merely being a collection of works which happened to be created by a single person. Some of the Nominations, of course, had problems in coming up with a subset of the oeuvres of the "great man" which satisfactorily demonstrated that!
What attributes/features would you cite as being Eiffel's particular "gift(s)" to the world of engineering and which works could do that?

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 6 Aug 2019 02:48 
Nothing in particular, i just wanted your opinion. I prefer Eiffel architecture rather than the Le Corbusier's one (or Horta). But it's just an esthetic point of view, it's not based on serious WHS criteria. But we can imagine the usage of iron like Le Havre has been classified for the usage of concrete. In Lisbon, Paris, in Corsica, and countries like Algeria, Vietnam, Hungary...

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 France

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑