World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Germany

Page  Page 13 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13

Author Jurre
Partaker
#181 | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 10:05 
nfmungard:
I would actually argue that Gdansk Shipyard is better. It's a positive episode, the Berlin Wall mainly a negative one.

I agree that that is an important difference as well. The Berlin Wall has a predominantly negative connotation.

Author Jonas Bergmann
Partaker
#182 | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 12:36 | Edited by: Jonas Bergmann 
Here are some proposals for Germany (some already mentioned).

Olympic Park Munich
Neuschwanstein Castle (Romantic Architecture)
Hill Fort of Otzenhausen (Celts)
Schwebebahn at Wuppertal (Much larger than Vizcaya Bridge)
Heidelberg Castle (Transformation from a Castle to a Palace)
Nördlinger Ries (Impact Crater where crater still can be seen). Barringer Crater is of course another option.
If really needed: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Instead of Görlitz which is not the best preserved, but the best repainted historic town center. The town and its archietecture are completely unimportant)
Parteitagsgelände Nuremberg (Nazi-Architecture)
Bauernkriegspanorama (One of the largest panoramas. Larger than Panorama Mesdag. Maybe the last important building of the communist era, opened September 14th 1989 (!))
VW-Plant Wolfsburg (Automobile Industry. Much better preserved than Ford River Rouge Complex. Industrial Planning, Nazi-Architecture)
Karl-Marx-Allee and Interbau 1957. Architecture and Urbanism of Post-World War II Modernism. I think we can add Gropiusstadt and Hellersdorf-Marzahn, so that Berlin can be an example for the different attempts to establish modern housing during the 20th century.
Tempelhof Airport
Berlin Wall
Eltz Castle / Burghausen Castle
(if additional castles are really needed)
Large Refracting Telescope (Potsdam) with the Einsteinturm, a major building of expressionist architecture (instead of Observatory Bergedorf). But maybe Mount Wilson Observatory is a better choice for an observatory of that time.
Bromacker, Holzmaden, Solnhofer Plattenkalk (Non-hominid fossils)

For possible serial nominations of architects:
Gropius: Glaskathedrale Amberg
Van der Rohe: New National Gallery, Weissenhofsiedlung
Gehry: Vitra Design Museum

Better than most of the newly proposed sites for the T-List.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#183 | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 13:54 | Edited by: nfmungard 
Jonas Bergmann:
Olympic Park Munich => Planned.
Neuschwanstein Castle (Romantic Architecture) => Already proposed.
Heidelberg Castle (Transformation from a Castle to a Palace) => Former and rejected.
Parteitagsgelände Nuremberg (Nazi-Architecture) => Planned.
Karl-Marx-Allee and Interbau 1957. => Planned. Should be an extension, not a new site.
Eltz Castle / Burghausen Castle => Former.
Gropius: Glaskathedrale Amberg => Already inscribed 2x (Fagus, Dessau)
Van der Rohe: New National Gallery, Weissenhofsiedlung => Already inscribed (Tugendhat) and Le Corbusier. I didn't enjoy Weissenhofsiedlung much.
Gehry: Vitra Design Museum => Not yet the time.

Jonas Bergmann:
Better than most of the newly proposed sites for the T-List.

Seeing several are on the proposed T-List, the existing T-List or a former T-List I think your statement is a bit too bold.

Page  Page 13 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Germany

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑