World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

India

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Author Jarek Pokr
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:58 
Solivagant
March, 2019. I was visiting Taj Mahal. In my case camera and mobile phone together with spare batteries were allowed but I had several maps printed from internet (A4 size) and these were not allowed. They were also unprepared for any discussion

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#77 | Posted: 23 Oct 2019 03:09 

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:04 

Author Durian
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:55 
Possible Rename of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus ?

The official name of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is already changed to Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, so it is a matter of time when Indian Government will request UNESCO to revise the name.

Author elsslots
Admin
#80 | Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:39 

Author elsslots
Admin
#81 | Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:41 

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#82 | Posted: 22 Feb 2021 14:34 
Answering here instead of the original the TWHS threat.

elsslots:
Finished India. Quite a terrible list. Only the Golden Temple in Amritsar is a shoo-in. Some thoughts about the rest:

I have to admit that I was never able to get a grasp of the list. Very unstructured. E.g. Kochi is not WHS material, no matter what. However, I do think that India has more to offer and we identified plenty in the Top Missing exercise:

* Andaman Islands
* Tea Plantations of India.
* Varanasi
* Colonial Gardens

I also saw very good rockart in India (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edakkal_Caves) and there seems to be way more.

elsslots:
- How many more times can you inscribe the Red Fort / Delhi sites?

Problem with those sites is that the are too late to be distinct

elsslots:
- They can't stop listing Hindu temples. Maybe we can have one more glorious / colourful South Indian temple site, but that's it.

Not sure I would approach it that way. Given how many Christian churches are on the list in general, and in an area like Northern France specifically ... I assume there needs to be a categorization of Hindu temple styles and periods. Colonial hindu temples probably look different than 500 CE Hindu temples. Dalek temples may look other than Brahman temples. Tamil Nadu temples different than Radjahstan ones... With all the different criteria, I think it would be easy to inscribe at least 1-2 temple per state. IF original temples remain.

Side note: Non Hindu temples would also be a nice inscription, too. Indian christianity is very old. Maybe there is an old Nestorian hidden temple?

Author elsslots
Admin
#83 | Posted: 23 Feb 2021 01:24 
nfmungard:
Maybe we can have one more glorious / colourful South Indian temple site,

I was especially looking at this one: https://www.worldheritagesite.org/tentative/id/5894 / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranganathaswamy_Temple,_Srirangam

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 7 Jul 2021 10:06 

Author elsslots
Admin
#85 | Posted: 30 Oct 2021 01:21 

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#86 | Posted: 23 Nov 2021 09:01 

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 India

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑