World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

USA

Page  Page 27 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27

Author Colvin
Partaker
#391 | Posted: 5 Jun 2021 10:10 
winterkjm:
The United States and Germany have requested support (extension below) through the "Upstream Process"

So is Germany looking at putting forward Herrnhut (the center of the Moravian church) as an extension, or are they just looking at supporting the planned extension of the Danish site to the US?

I enjoyed my visit to Moravian Bethlehem, and think it would be a good transnational site, but I'd much rather see the US take on a natural site such as the California Current Conservation Complex as its next priority nomination.

Author hubert
Partaker
#392 | Posted: 5 Jun 2021 11:48 | Edited by: hubert 
Colvin:
So is Germany looking at putting forward Herrnhut (the center of the Moravian church) as an extension, or are they just looking at supporting the planned extension of the Danish site to the US?

The initiative apparently came from Bethlehem. According to this news, they wrote a letter to Herrnhut in March 2021 to suggest a transnational nomination. Gracehill in Northern Ireland would also be part of the nomination.

https://www.mdr.de/nachrichten/sachsen/bautzen/goerlitz-weisswasser-zittau/welterbe-bewerbung-herrnhut-100.html

Germany is currently working on a revision of the T-list for 2024. But given the fact that Germany nominates at least one site every year - and does so very successfully - I guess it is unlikely that it will take the leading role here, although it would be logical, from the historical perspective.
On the other hand, I don't think it would have to compete with another US proposal. The US will certainly not nominate one site every year in the future. And one year more or less would not make a big difference for this transnational proposal.

Page  Page 27 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 USA

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑