World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

South Korea

Page  Page 21 of 21:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21

Author kintante
Partaker
#301 | Posted: 3 May 2020 08:28 
winterkjm
There are already lots of reviews about the sites. But if there is interest I can add a few. What sites would you be interested in reading an additional review? I would lean towards covering one with "only" 3 reviews or a tent site.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#302 | Posted: 3 May 2020 15:20 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I would personally be interested in 5 reviews, all of which can provide information specific to your visit that many others have not commented on or have not experienced.

World Heritage Sites (3)

Gochang, Hwasun, and Ganghwa Dolmen - Only 1 reviewer mentioned the Hwasun Dolmen site. Of the 3 dolmen clusters, this is the one I have not visited.

Baekje Historic Areas - You are the first reviewer to visit Mireuksaji, after its full re-assembly, thoughts?

Namhansanseong - How much of the wall did you actually hike? Did you go to the ruined outer wall?

Tentative Sites (2)

Southwestern Coast Tidal Flats - No reviewer has mentioned any other site besides Suncheon, what was your impression of the Gochang tidal flats? Being Korea's nomination for 2020, it would be nice to hear more about the other serial components.

Stone Buddhas and Pagodas at Hwasun Unjusa Temple - Currently a topic on the Top Missing List, is this the best cultural site remaining on Korea's Tentative List?

Author kintante
Partaker
#303 | Posted: 3 May 2020 17:49 
I will get to work then :)

Author kintante
Partaker
#304 | Posted: 5 May 2020 16:11 
winterkjm
Reviews are in the pipeline. I did not do Namhansaneong, as I cant really addsomething new. I walked from the North Gate via the South Gate to the East Gate. So I left out the ruined part.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#305 | Posted: 8 May 2020 15:43 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Stone Buddhas and Pagodas at Hwasun Unjusa Temple (100% rating based on 3 votes)

Based on the two reviews, I am starting to wonder if this site has an outsiders chance to squeeze into one of the final positions for the Top Missing! Considering how well represented Korea is, it probably won't make it though. When thinking about what is "missing" in Korea, I kept my proposals to a minimum because, well Korea has 14 world heritage sites! I learned quite a bit about Unjusa since its inclusion on the Tentative List, thanks in no small part because of both of your reviews. This is one of the last major cultural sites in the country and I will have to travel to Hwasun during my next visit.

"It would also be Korea's best world heritage site." - Philipp

"I spent around two hours exploring all the pathways and admiring every single statue and pagoda." - Philipp

"Unjusa Temple might be one of Korea's most amazing cultural tourist spot." - Zoë

"Beyond the temple are paths to more statues so don't turn back just yet." - Zoë

Page  Page 21 of 21:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 South Korea

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑