World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /  

Romania

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author carmendavid
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 7 Jul 2021 04:56 
nfmungard:
Key sites

For buses I can make some calls in case you need to find the one going to Rosia Montana, for instance.
nfmungard:
Sunday - 10 July

Sunday - 11 etc.
nfmungard:
Alba Iulia

In terms of accommodation, I think it is your best bet on the way. I can send you some photos I took in April, if you want. The 'restoration' is not great, but it is not a bad place to sleep a night in.
nfmungard:
Explore the Dacian Fortresses

For Costesti-Blidaru you need to hike about an hour up and maybe a bit less down on a path through forest. It's worth it, if you ask me.
nfmungard:
There is a tentative site near Ramnicu Valcea (Byzantine Church).

Les « coules » de Petite Valachie (tent) is very close to Horezu, you might want to check that out. If you have the budget and they have availability, Conacul lui Maldar (which is a coule itself, not on the tent list) is one of the best places to stay in Romania. Also Horezu is famous for pottery, in case you want to buy gifts (or see how it's done).
nfmungard:
Anything worthwhile?

Muzeul Satului (the Village Museum), open-air, if you like rural architecture.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:55 
That was fun. Apart from all the potholes and their quest to break my ankle, with the last hit just before crossing the border. And forgetting my phone in the last bus.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /
 Romania

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑