Travels of Xuanzang
Sites visited by the 7th century Chinese Buddhist monk Xuanzang, famous for his 17 year overland trip to India and back
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Bamiyan Valley
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex
- Nalanda: visited Nalanda first in 637 and then again in 642, spending a total of around two years at the monastery (AB ev) Link
- Silk Roads: "Great Wild Goose Pagoda was built in the 8th century AD to preserve the sutras and Buddhist figurines brought from India by Xuanzang." - Nomination File
- Taxila: 631-633
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Travels of Xuanzang?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source