Boreal Forest / Taiga
A Boreal Forest is a biome characterised by coniferous forests. Alternatively called "Taiga".
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Central Sikhote-Alin
- Glacier parks
- Golden Mountains of Altai
- Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain: "where the vast Central Asian steppe meets the coniferous forests of the Siberian taiga"
- Gros Morne National Park
- High Coast / Kvarken Archipelago
- Jeju: Primarily higher elevations on Hallasan Mountain."First type of habitat/land cover: Alpine coniferous forest - Abies koreana forest/ Regional" - Nomination File
- Lake Baikal
- Laponian Area
- Nahanni National Park
- Putorana Plateau
- Uvs Nuur Basin
- Virgin Komi Forests
- Volcanoes of Kamchatka
- Wood Buffalo National Park
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Boreal Forest / Taiga?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source