Hunting/Harvesting of Birds
WHS where the hunting/harvesting of birds by man has been particularly significant.
- Keoladeo National Park Duck Shooting. The Wetland area was maintained primarily as a duck shooting preserve of the Maharajahs of Baratpur.
- Macquarie Island Throughout the 19th century the King Penguins were hunted almost to extinction for their oil
- St. Kilda The collection of Gannets and their eggs was a significant aspect of St Kildan culture and economy.
- Vegaøyan The Harvesting of Eider down from wild birds has long been a significant aspect of the island economy
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Hunting/Harvesting of Birds
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source