A Table Mountain (also known as Mesa or Tepui) has a flat top and steep slopes.
- Canaima National Park Tepui formations
- Cape Floral Region Link
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve Tafelberg
- Gebel Barkal Djebel Barkal is described variously as a "table topped mountain", a Mesa or a Butte - see Link
- Grand Canyon There are numerous Buttes and Mesas within the Canyon. E.g Horseshoe Mesa, Fishtail Mesa etc. See link for a full list of Butte and Mesa summits in the Grand Canyon NP Link
- Greater Blue Mountains Pantoneys Crown - Gardens of Stone National Park Link
- Masada "The cliffs on the east edge of Masada are about 400 m high and the cliffs on the W are about 91 m high; ...... The top of the plateau is flat and rhomboid-shaped, about 550 m by 270 m" (wiki). The mountain is a "horst" - a "raised fault block bounded by normal faults or graben"
- Mesa Verde
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Table Mountain
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source