WHS where carnivorous plants can be found in the wild.
- Alejandro de Humboldt National Park includes five species of carnivorous plants, one being the sole Cuban epiphyte Pinguicula lignicola (UNEP-WCMC)
- Canaima National Park The vegetation, isolated for millennia on infertile soils, is characterized by endemism and carnivory, eg: Heliamphora spp.,Drosera roraima and Utricularia humboldtii. (UNEP-WCMC)
- Everglades Bladderwort (Utricularia) Link
- Great Barrier Reef Drosera adelae, native to Hinchinbrook Island Link
- Gunung Mulu various species of Nepenthes
- Kakadu National Park Yellow bladderwort (Utricularia fulva) Link
- Kinabalu Park the richest collection in the world for the Nepenthes pitcher plants (five of the thirteen are found nowhere else on earth) which reach spectacular proportions (the largest-pitchered in the world being the endemic Nepenthes rajah: an insectivorous pitcher plant. It is endemic to Mount Kinabalu and neighbouring Mount Tambuyukon in Sabah (wiki) Link
- Mount Hamiguitan nepenthes hamiguitanensis
- Rainforests of the Atsinanana Nepenthes masoalensis Link
- Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras local carnivorous pitcher plants can be seen all over the province of Ifugao
- Wet Tropics of Queensland Drosera adelae, Drosera schizandra and Nepenthes mirabilis Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Carnivorous plants
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source