Potential Transboundary sites
WHS for which there exist an entry on another country's T List which could be inscribed to create or extend a Transboundary WHS. Specify the T List entry involved and the country to which it belongs.
- Golden Mountains of Altai China's "China Altai"
- Laponian Area Norway - Tysfjord, the fjord of Hellemobotn and Rago
- Los Glaciares Chile's "Torres del Paine/Bernardo O'Higgins"
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary Bhutan's "Royal Manas NP"
- Ohrid Region Albania has "Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid Region" on its T List. The T List entry makes no mention of a Trans-boundary extension and indicates the intention to include the lake and littoral up to the frontier (and hence the boundary of FYRM's existing inscription) - "Based on the biological and natural values the Albanian part of the lake Ohrid has been proclaimed as Protected Areas under the category V of IUCN."
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang Laos - Hin Nammo
- Virunga National Park Mgahinga (Uganda). See the far SE section of Virunga marked "Gorilla sector" on this map which shares the Uganda border with Mgahinga - Link
- W National Park of Niger Burkina Faso - Le complexe Parcs nationaux Arly-W and Benin - Parc National W Benin
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Potential Transboundary sites
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source