Eucalypts are woody plants belonging to three closely related genera: Eucalyptus, Corymbia and Angophora. The over 700 species are mostly native to Australia.
- Australian Convict Sites Great North Road within Dharug National Park is within Blue Gum forest
- Gondwana Rainforests Eucalyptus andrewsii at high altitudes and by tallowwood E. microcorys - E. saligna and then tallowwood-blue gum (AB ev)
- Greater Blue Mountains The predominant natural vegetation of the higher ridges is eucalyptus forest (wiki)
- Kakadu National Park .. several endemic plants that are only found in Kakadu such as Eucalyptus koolpinensis (wiki)
- Ningaloo Coast These landscapes support sparse eucalypt woodlands (UNEP-WCMC)
- Purnululu National Park
- Rainforests of the Atsinanana Fire induced invasive plant species such as Eucalypts are a potential problem on the higher altitude western side of Ranomafana National Park (AB ev)
- Sintra The northern slopes of the Serra with their extensive forests of ... eucalyptus (AB ev)
- Tasmanian Wilderness extensive tracts of tall eucalypt forest (AB ev)
- Western Ghats Eucalyptus plantations
- Wet Tropics of Queensland dominated by flooded gum Eucalyptus arandis (AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Eucalypts
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source