WHS showing remarkable tidal changes or other tidal effects.
- Aldabra Atoll Aldabra has very large tides for a coral atoll (cf others in Pacific and Indian Oceans). This shapes the ecology e.g the undercut "Champigon" pillars. See Link
- Bordeaux Garonne's tidal bore (un mascaret)
- Grand Pré marked by one of the most extreme tidal ranges in the world, averaging at 11.6 metres (Unesco)
- Gulf of California tidal mixing associated to tides that can reach over 10m high (AB ev)
- Itsukushima Shrine the shrine is designed by use the tidal effect to make the place look floating
- Mont-Saint-Michel tidal island - The tides can vary greatly, at roughly 14 metres (46 ft) between high and low water marks (wiki) Link
- Peninsula Valdes The Isla de los Pajaros is an 18 ha island 800m off the southeast coast of Golfo San José connected to the mainland at low tide (UNEP-WCMC)
- The Sundarbans The landscape is dynamic, constantly moulded and altered by tidal action (UNEP-WCMC)
- Wadden Sea Complex tide-dominated barrier coast (not deltaic). (AB)
- West Lake part of the inscription zone include Qiantang River bank where the Qiantang Tidal Bore which is the world largest occured
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Tidal effects
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source