Sites connected to the Almohad Caliphate:
World Heritage Sites connected to Almohads
- Medina of Fez Gates such as Bab Mahrouk, Bab Guissa
- Medina of Marrakesh Koutoubia Mosque " The minaret was completed under the reign of the Almoahd Caliph Yaqub al-Mansur (1184-1199)"
- Rabat Hassan Tower "Founder of the Hassan Tower, Yaqub al-Mansur, was a member of the Almohad Dynasty"
- Seville The Giralda "The tower's first two-thirds is a former minaret from the Berber Almohad period of Seville" (wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Almohads
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source