The most recent site inscribed (or extended) by those countries which have subsequently been inactive the longest in bringing forward successful new inscriptions.
Cut off 1989. Excluding countries since defunct. Excluding Old City of Jerusalem (1981) and Vatican City (1984) which are in effect "fully inscribed".
- Asante Traditional Buildings Ghana 1980
- Ghadames Libya 1986
- Mount Nimba Guinea 1981 (ext 1982)
- National History Park Haiti 1982
- Ohrid Region Macedonia 1979 (then Yugoslavia)
- Quirigua Guatemala 1981
- Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve Honduras 1982
- Royal Palaces of Abomey Benin 1985
- Vallée de Mai Seychelles 1983
- Victoria Falls Zambia 1989
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Swan songs
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source