Located at an 'extreme point' of Latitude/Longitude
WHS whose boundaries include the Northern/Southern/Eastern or Westernmost points of the State Party nominating it. Excluding separate "Dependent Territories" and "rocks", reefs etc . See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_points_of_Earth
- Curonian Spit The westernmost point of Lithuania is SW of Nida on the Frontier with Russia (Kaliningrad)
- Rapa Nui Moto Nui - an islet off the SW coast of Easter Island is the westernmost point of Chile. It was where the "Tangata Manu" (Bird man) ritual took place ("an annual competition to collect the first Sooty Tern (manu tara) egg of the season from the islet of Mtu Nui, swim back to Rapa Nui and climb the sea cliff of Rano Kau to the clifftop village of Orongo" Wiki)
- Shark Bay Steep Point is the westernmost point of the Australian mainland
- St. Kilda Soay on St Kilda is the westernmost point of UK (counting "Rockal" as a "rock)" . Hirta was the most westerly inhabited point
- Tasmanian Wilderness The Island of Pedra Branca is the southernmost point of Australia excluding sub-Antarctic territories. It is a small island about 26 km (16 mi) south-south-east of South East Cape Tasmania and part of the South West NP
- Te Wahipounamu "West Cape is the westernmost point in the main chain of islands of New Zealand. It is located ... within Fiordland National Park". Cape Lovitt on the Auckland islands is further West but "although considered as integral parts of New Zealand, (these Islands) ...are not part of any region or district, but are instead designated as Area Outside Territorial Authority." (Wiki)
- Wadden Sea Rottumerplaat is the northernmost point of the Netherlands
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Located at an 'extreme point' of Latitude/Longitude
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source