Mao was here
Mao Zedong, also translated as Mao Tse-tung, and commonly referred to as Chairman Mao (December 26, 1893 - September 9, 1976), was a Chinese Communist revolutionary, guerrilla warfare strategist, Marxist political philosopher, and leader of the Chinese Revolution. He was the architect and founding father of the People's Republic of China (PRC) from its establishment in 1949, and held control over the nation until his death in 1976. His theoretical contribution to Marxism�Leninism, along with his military strategies and brand of policies, are collectively known as Maoism. - wiki
- Great Wall After climbing a section of the wall Mao reportedly claimed, "You are not a real man; if you haven't climbed the Great Wall."
- Imperial Palace Mao visited the Imperial Palace, at least in 1954 that he took the famous photo while sitting on the wall of the palace compound in front of the corner tower
- Imperial Tombs Spring 1954 Mao visited Changling Tomb, part of Imperial Ming Tombs
- Kremlin and Red Square "On February 17, Mao and Zhou began the journey back to China. The evening before, Stalin arranged for them and other members of the Chinese delegation a farewell banquet in the Kremlin that was again attended by almost the entire Soviet leadership elite." - The Soviet Union and Communist China, 1945-1950 Pg. 366
- Lushan National Park "During the 1930s and 1940s it was the Official Summer Capital of the Republic of China, and with the establishment of the People's Republic in 1949 it was the venue for meetings of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party under the chairmanship of Mao Zedong on no fewer than three occasions" - There are five more recent buildings within the park, in stone and concrete, dating from 1934 to 1970. The two later ones were the residences of Mao Zedong (1960) and Lin Biao (1970).- AB document
- Mount Taishan Chairman Mao famously said "East is Red" when he reached the peak at sunrise
- Mount Wutai Mao Zedong, Chou En-Lai and other revolutionary leaders made a brief stay in Taiyuan temple in April 1948.
- St. Petersburg "Mao Zedong boarded the night train to Leningrad. He then took a car trip across the heavily iced-over Gulf of Finland toward Kronstadt and visited the Winter Palace, the legendary cruised Avrora, and the Kirov machine factory." - The Soviet Union and Communist China, 1945-1950 Pg. 294
- West Lake "Chairman Mao is said to have come to visit the West Lake more than 40 times. Once he spent seven months in Hangzhou, which he considered his second home." - World Leisure Expo: Hanzhou China
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mao was here
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source