A stupa is a mound-like structure containing Buddhist relics, typically the remains of Buddha, used by Buddhists as a place of worship.
- Ajanta Caves
- Ancient Merv Remains of a Buddhist stupa at Gyaur Kala
- Buddhist Vihara at Paharpur
- Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Kathmandu Valley
- Luang Prabang
- Lumbini remains of Buddhist stupas (memorial shrines) from the 3rd century BC to the 15th century AD (AB ev)
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex
- Mount Wutai
- Mountain Resort, Chengde
- Nalanda principle stupa encased in a chaitya (stupachaitya) (AB ev)
- Orkhon Valley Erdene Zuu
- Potala Palace Stupa Tomb of the Thirteenth Dalai Lama inside Potala Palace
- Prambanan Candi Sewu Temple's all main structure are topped by stupa.
- Pyu Ancient Cities still standing monumental brick Buddhist stupas (AB ev)
- Three parallel rivers of Yunnan Stupa row at Deqin
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Stupa
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source