A double helix is a pair of congruent geometrical helices with the same axis, differing by a translation along the axis. Like the dominant structure of DNA.
This connection is about WHS that display the double helix in architecture and engineering.
- Graz Staircase in the Burg Link
- Historic Cairo Citadel (Qal'at al Jabal) in Cairo: Yusuf's well Link
- Loire Valley "Chambord is centred on a wonderful double helix spiral staircase." Link
- Minaret of Jam "containing a double helix stairway" Link
- Statue of Liberty staircase Link
- Van Nellefabriek Stairs to keep male and female workers of the tobacco factory separated
- Vatican City Vatican Museum Link
- Works of Antoni Gaudí Pillars of the Sagrada Familia (double helix columns) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Double Helix
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source