A double helix is a pair of congruent geometrical helices with the same axis, differing by a translation along the axis. Like the dominant structure of DNA.
This connection is about WHS that display the double helix in architecture and engineering.
World Heritage Sites connected to Double Helix
- Graz Staircase in the Burg Link
- Historic Cairo Citadel (Qal'at al Jabal) in Cairo: Yusuf's well Link
- Loire Valley "Chambord is centred on a wonderful double helix spiral staircase." Link
- Minaret of Jam "containing a double helix stairway" Link
- Statue of Liberty staircase Link
- Van Nellefabriek Stairs to keep male and female workers of the tobacco factory separated
- Vatican City Vatican Museum Link
- Works of Antoni Gaudí Pillars of the Sagrada Familia (double helix columns) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Double Helix
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source