Granite rock formations
Granite rock formations are spectacular forms of natural beauty, unaltered by man.
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve Granite domes, mentioned by IUCN as one of the 5 distinguishing factors of this nature reserve
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape Cornwall Link
- Hampi Link
- Kinabalu Park
- Matobo Hills Link
- Mount Sanqingshan
- Rio de Janeiro The peak of Corcovado is a big granite dome
- Socotra Archipelago Abd al-Kuri: "the principal mountain range, which consists of granite capped by a layer of limestone" (nom file)
- Yosemite National Park
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Granite rock formations
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source