Remarkable cases of feral animals (domesticated animals which became wild again) living within the boundaries of WHS.
- Grand Canyon Home of both Wild ("feral") horses (Mustangs) and Burros (donkeys). One such burro became famous in the book/movie "Brighty of the Grand Canyon" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighty_of_the_Grand_Canyon They are protected by the "Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act (1971) except in NPs where, as "invasive" non-native species, they are eradicated. In 1979 (the year of its inscription) such action in the Grand Canyon led to a celebrated rescue by animal welfare campaigners Link
- Greater Blue Mountains Dingo
- Komodo National Park 'feral animals form important prey species for the Komodo monitor' (AB evaluation)
- St. Kilda Boreray Link
- Uluru Particularly Camels Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Feral Animals
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source